Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25?

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
The BX25 has an extra reinforced framing member (unlike the other BX's) to accommodate the increased stresses from the included BH), but it seems that this frame comes so close to the rear tires that I do not have enough clearance for the ladder chains I bought. I also have a clearance problem on the front tires (the steering comes very close to the front tires), so I can't get chains on there, either. (Actually, I could get them on, it's just that there would be contact as the tires rotated.)

Am I wrong about this? Does ANYONE out there in TNB land have chains on a BX25 and if so, what has been your experience with them?:cool:

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #2  
With my BX23 I have never needed chains in northern Ohio. The few times I have gotten hung up I just use the BH to get me out and have only ever used the FEL to move and pile up snow on both mine and dads 150ft+ea drives. On dads JD322 he had tried chains on his 2 wheel drive with snow blower but found out chains only worked on snow/ground not on asphalt. Could never get up drive to the garage that has a incline while blowing snow so would use a portable blower to clear that area until I got my BX and do it all with out no problem.

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #3  
I have chains on mine, rear only (turf tires). And yes there is not a lot of extra room there. They have to be installed perfectly with no twists etc or I will get some interference. When I install them right, no problems. I've used the tractor some on snow without the chains, but I feel much more secure with them as I have some hills and have to go to the edge of a fairly busy road to plow.

Last edited:
   / Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #4  
you need wheel spacers sold on ebay for BX's. its a little pricey.

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #5  
I have front and rear chains on my BX24. I have no problems with clearance and I have no spacers. The tractor has much better traction while plowing with the chains than it does without them. The tractor is so light that the tires tend to spin while pushing snow without the chains.

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25?
I have front and rear chains on my BX24. I have no problems with clearance and I have no spacers. The tractor has much better traction while plowing with the chains than it does without them. The tractor is so light that the tires tend to spin while pushing snow without the chains.

Concordriver, could you possibly post photos? Also, how thick are you chains, and do you have R4 tires? I just can't see how there is enough clearance - maybe the BX24 has more than the BX25?

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #8  
seems like you could use an extra cross link on the rear

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25? #9  
I guess it depends on the chains. I bought some via internet, that the site said were the size for the BX24 and there was not enough clearance. It is probably best to have the dealer order them to be sure.

Maybe the site expected that spacers would be installed.

/ Does anyone have chains on a Kubota BX25?
Thanks again for the photos concordriver. They do seem to fit on your BX25 (just barely), but I am still worried that my BX25 might have less clearance than the BX25.

Does anyone have chains on their BX25?