Does anyone make a three-point finish mower that is a mulching mower?

/ Does anyone make a three-point finish mower that is a mulching mower? #1  

johnems

Bronze Member
I currently have 6 foot woods SDR 7200. It cut great and has worked very well. My wife like the look and feels that a mulching is healthier for the lawn. So that lead me to my question does anyone know of a 3-point finish mower that can mulch.

I have talked to my local woods dealer, and he say that he does not know of one. I thought I would ask form and see if anyone has any ideas.

I have a new set of Woods OEM blades, but they are not mulching and or high lift blades. I know to get a true mulching affect generally hay have to have a baffle system under the deck.

My thought is adding high lift and or mulching blades my create a semi=mulching affect. So, if anyone know of a source of mulching blades or has experience with what I want to try I would apricate your impute.

Thank you for review and or thought.

/ Does anyone make a three-point finish mower that is a mulching mower? #2  
I run mulching blades on my bush hog brand finish mower and they work great. I think you would be happy with them on your woods mower.

I use the Oregon Gator blades.

/ Does anyone make a three-point finish mower that is a mulching mower? #3  
The regular low lift blades are good for sandy soil or if you are taking the mower through a foot of grass and just want it cut once and discharged.

I have oregon gator blades and high lift blades on my landpride fdr1660. The gator blades seem to break up/cut up the grass a bit finer. It isn't a real muching setup for sure but it works well enough. I'm going to try the high lift blades again next change over, if I remember right they pulled up the grass a little better especially on where the tires ran, so I want to test that.

/ Does anyone make a three-point finish mower that is a mulching mower? #4  
Usually 3PH finishing mowers have mulching kits you can add. Try the high lift gator blades first. If you get too much clumping cut your lawn more often.

/ Does anyone make a three-point finish mower that is a mulching mower? #5  
One thing to note, mulching requires a lot more HP. You may need to go slower to actually get a good cut. Or cut more often like mikester said.