Dog Owners >> plaque removal

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #1  

tcartwri

Elite Member
Tractor
CT235
Has anyone used the plaque removal products they sell now? Seems too good to be true....

41ijI+i3eSL.jpg

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #2  
Has anyone used the plaque removal products they sell now? Seems too good to be true....

View attachment 397576

We use exactly that product that you pictured on our pup..... works well, there's no replacement for a good brushing.

We also use the mintees things as well as other brands products that claim to clean teeth. If you ask me it's all a ploy to give your dog more treats... brushing seems like it's the only way to get good results.

-J

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #3  
What's hilarious is that I clicked on this thread because I thought the title was "plague removal".

Guess I'll have to do a Giggle or a Yohoo search on that one...

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #4  
My vet recommends flossing the dog's teeth.
She also recommends flossing your cat's teeth.
Personally, I'd rather give a cat a bath than to try to floss one's teeth.

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #5  
I never knew of anyone brushing their dogs' teeth until just the last few years, and I've never tried to do it myself. However, today happens to be our Chihuahua's birthday; she's 9 years old today. But on June 12, 2013, I let the vet clean her teeth, and even pulled 2 small ones. Of course they put her to sleep to work on her. And we now buy her dog food from the vet. It's one that's supposed to help clean her teeth. Does it work? Your guess is as good as mine.

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #6  
I thought that was why dogs chewed on bones? Supposed to help clean their teeth and keep their jaw muscles strong for the unwanted guest.

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #7  
We were forced with an ultimatum. Get the dog to let us brush her teeth on the regs, or face a 700$ cleaning bill so her teeth didn't fall out. The choice was obvious.

Oldnslow.. from what i hear it can vary from breed to breed. Growing up we had Collies and Shetlands... never brushed any of their teeth. Since then i've had several Jack Russel Terriers, and all of them have needed it.

-J

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal
Welp, I tried that product that I posted and with ONE application I was able to flick the plaque buildup off one of the dogs back teeth with my thumbnail.... Within another hour it was as hard as rock again. Normally I use a buck knife to chip it off and it's not easy. Maybe it was a fluke, but it was an amazing result.

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #9  
We had a problem of our dog chewing on stuff around the house. (shoes, etc.) Ended up getting a couple of Kongs and put a bone treat in them when we left the house. Helped stop the chewing on stuff and the dog's teeth has no plaque. The dog is about 10 years old now and still no plaque.

/ Dog Owners >> plaque removal #10  
A lot of people who switch their dog to a raw diet claim two of the biggest changes they notice are how nice the coat is and how white their teeth get. They notice this in the first month or two.