Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,771  
Never realized just how devoted and loving a dog can be till I owned one.

Many dogs will protect their owner and the owner is not even aware what's going on. When I'm in the barn, one or two of my dogs will either be inside looking out at the door or outside looking at the door to watch who goes in or out. If I go out, they follow everywhere in the yard and watch and wait, always looking around to ensure my safety. The other dogs would sell me out for a pork chop but two of them are my best buds. I never knew.

/ Dog pics #1,772  
Many dogs will protect their owner and the owner is not even aware what's going on. When I'm in the barn, one or two of my dogs will either be inside looking out at the door or outside looking at the door to watch who goes in or out. If I go out, they follow everywhere in the yard and watch and wait, always looking around to ensure my safety. The other dogs would sell me out for a pork chop but two of them are my best buds. I never knew.

A least you were worth a pork chop. :D Some will sell out for a snooze.

The different breeds have something to do with the protective nature.

/ Dog pics #1,773  
Our latest addition;Quinn.Out of STG kennels in Idaho Falls,Idaho.Black female German Short-Hair.We have a black male purchased from the same kennel that just turned a year old.Long plane ride for a little pup from Idaho to upstate NY.This makes our third GSP pup in a years time.
All to be put to work doing what they love;bird hunting.

Attachments

• Quinn at the airport.jpg
    Quinn at the airport.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 132
   / Dog pics #1,774  
My three running across our field on New Year's Day. From left to right: Glenlivet, Kazoo, and Tulliver

And Tulliver with his happy face after I told him we were riding the sidecar to the Rockies this summer!

/ Dog pics #1,776  
Chief & Dottie outside the shop last summer: Chief & Dottie.JPG Chief is getting old enough that he spends a lot of time in his bed when Dottie is busy following me around!

/ Dog pics #1,777  
And Tulliver with his happy face after I told him we were riding the sidecar to the Rockies this summer!

Are you sure he doesn't have rabies? :laughing: Just kidding, that's the best dog pic I've seen on TBN! :thumbsup:

/ Dog pics #1,778  
My 5 month old West German shepherd.

Attachments

• Wilko 1.jpg
    Wilko 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 131
   / Dog pics #1,779  
I've been looking at a 1-1/2 yr old rescue Border Collie, I've had numerous breeds, including now a Cattle Dog, but never a Border Collie. I can keep it active enough, I'm not worried about that, but I hear mixed thoughts on the breed. It has been with a rehab rescue lady for 6 months but was pulled out of a dog hoarding situation, then adopted to two city families not used to working dogs, then ended up in the pound. We meet the dog next weekend and the rescue lady says the dog has really blossomed, getting along tremendously with her dogs, hasn't ever messed in the house and accepts new people cautiously. Any thoughts?