Dog pics

/ Dog pics #2,431  
   / Dog pics #2,433  
Jasper waiting to go for a walk at the cottage.

IMG_0094.JPG

And trying on his new winter coat!

IMG_0162.JPG

Not too happy about it now, but he will appreciate it at 20 below!

/ Dog pics #2,434  
Jasper is SO cute in that winter coat. He DOES look slightly pissed in the bottom picture. The bother of putting on the coat - he gets hot during the process - its all OK once outside.

/ Dog pics #2,435  
However - my ten month of pup - Olly, chocolate lab - loves to run thru the cattails at the end of the little lake. We return to the house and he is so pleased to smell like a pond. Oh, well - I guess, better to smell like a pond than to smell like cow poo.

The opportunity to roll in fresh cow is RIGHT THERE if we walk the other direction.

/ Dog pics #2,437  
However - my ten month of pup - Olly, chocolate lab - loves to run thru the cattails at the end of the little lake. We return to the house and he is so pleased to smell like a pond. Oh, well - I guess, better to smell like a pond than to smell like cow poo.

The opportunity to roll in fresh cow is RIGHT THERE if we walk the other direction.
There's nothing a Lab loves more than rolling in something smelly.

/ Dog pics #2,438  
I'm glad that I don't live where I'd need to consider bundling up dogs. But as they say, if it ain't one thing it's another, and my dogs are subjected to a LOT of rain. My late dog didn't like water all that much, she'd just kind of deal with it, though if she was on scent she'd be out and going in the rain for quite a while. Nine-month-old pup could care less about getting wet. She runs the ditches, sending water all over the place (she'll often end up coughing because she's sucking up water as she runs with her head down!). Pretty much have to hose her down (mud); then drying off is like handling a big bag of squirrels. Both Lab mixes.

/ Dog pics #2,439  
^^^^^
My last lab was like that. She would walk right past her bowl of fresh water to go outside and drink from a mud puddle. It was kind of comical to watch her go charging through the puddle with her mouth down. Yet when on a leash she would walk around them.
She was woods smart, she started going with me at 6 weeks old. On a rainy morning I would leave the house door open and say "are you going with me or staying here?" sometimes she would go wait by the truck but other times would go inside and jump up on the couch. (I habit I will never allow anymore.)

/ Dog pics #2,440  
^^^ Ha ha! My puppy will go outside on the deck and drink water out of various things that have managed to catch rainwater. Don't know how she'll be behaving when she is mature but right now there's ZERO hesitation to go outside if someone is going out: if we open the door and tell her to go outside and go potty she'll act like she has no idea what we're talking about :laughing:

Our previous dog was 11 mos when we got her, so no real idea how she was when she was younger. The puppy (now at 9 mos) is very close in appearance but has an entirely different character (not reserved at all!): she's extremely sweet, perhaps even more so than our other dog was.