Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,721  
Yeah, mine looks like that when asked to do something he really don't want to do.

Are you sure yours is not a black mouth cur? We were told ours was a mastiff/shepherd mix and turns out to be a BMC. Best dog we've ever had.

I like fawn-colored dogs:)

No doubt that folks at shelters do a lot of guessing. In Xena's case we're pretty sure that they got it right. The Bull Mastiff part is clearly there in the lower droopy lips:

Bullmasador Dog Breed Information and Pictures

If you zoom in on the picture of her with the Guineas you can see it.

Temperament is also a dead ringer. She's perfectly OK with being in the house (Mastiff trait), but then when she's outside she's more in Labrador Retriever mode!

Here's one of her when she was around 2 years of age, following her first TPLO surgery (after the second one her value went from $72 to $7,200!); muscle tone was gone due to weeks of rehab (and she hadn't fully matured yet- now she's rippled); you can also see the lower lips here:

8731327486_2ac3a54e7f_k.jpg

/ Dog pics #1,724  
Best $72 I've ever spent. Lab+Mastiff.

Best dog I ever had was sired by a mastiff (unknown variety) and whelped by a chocolate lab. Beautiful dog, with a coat like fine mahogany. Wonderful with the children, happy to meet new friends (that being defined by, "mom or dad let them in") and a fierce enemy to anyone in our space who came in without an introduction. She was mildly amused by passersby on the sidewalk (we lived in the city then).

We didn't teach her any of that - that was just her. Couldn't ask for a better dog.

/ Dog pics #1,725  
Yes, that pretty much sounds like our dog. She can be one of the most ferocious looking (and acting) dogs or she can be one of the silliest looking (and acting) dogs! It's just great to have her respond to predator threats: I just continue working and she takes care of That business!:)

/ Dog pics #1,726  
We have an English Mastiff and Bull Mastiff. Our English Mastiff is by far the best dog I've ever had. Great with the kids and a really good instinct with strangers. He will position himself between the kids or my wife anytime someone new shows up. My daughter is 10 in this pic and not short. He's about 210 lbs.

26058562554_79892d692b_c.jpg

/ Dog pics #1,727  
She want's a ride, no matter what it is. Don't ask me where she puts her feet when she slithers up there.

KIMG0232.jpg

/ Dog pics #1,728  
We have an English Mastiff and Bull Mastiff. Our English Mastiff is by far the best dog I've ever had. Great with the kids and a really good instinct with strangers. He will position himself between the kids or my wife anytime someone new shows up. My daughter is 10 in this pic and not short. He's about 210 lbs.

Amazing how breeds tend to be pretty set in general behaviors. I can definitely see my dog in your dog! (though she's a runt at just over 80 lbs- that made things a bit easier when dealing with TPLO surgeries:eek:)

/ Dog pics #1,729  
She want's a ride, no matter what it is. Don't ask me where she puts her feet when she slithers up there.

Does she stay on when it's running? My dog wants to get on/in anything, but when it starts up she bails. (except my car)

/ Dog pics #1,730  
Does she stay on when it's running? My dog wants to get on/in anything, but when it starts up she bails. (except my car)

No room on the tractors for both of us, so I have to take her place. On the Gator she sits in the passenger seat. While we are moving, she inevitably sees something interesting and jumps off while we are in motion, and then back on....drives me nuts. She is way too comfortable around any vehicle except the tractors, and I'm hoping the "lesson" she eventually gets doesn't hurt too badly.