Don't post ANY contest,,,

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #1  

Willl

Elite Member
Love ya all, but come on guys, all your doing is asking for favoritism.

Ain't going to step there.

Last edited:
   / Don't post ANY contest,,, #2  
Willl said:
Love ya all, but come on guys, all your doing is asking for favoritism.

Ain't going to step there.

Ditto. Winner should win on merits, not by who's parents has the most internet friends.

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #3  
Ditto. Winner should win on merits, not by who's parents has the most internet friends.

Agree 100%, BTW there is a local woman in my township who is also a candidate. Asking for votes here on TBN is JUST WRONG.

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #4  
Guys, don't you know, it's not who truly deserves the award, but who can get the most popular vote. I LOVE those contest that let people vote multiple times.

In the grand scheme of things, there are things more important in life:thumbsup:

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #5  
Guys, don't you know, it's not who truly deserves the award, but who can get the most popular vote. I LOVE those contest that let people vote multiple times. . .

Hey, remember, NO POLITICS allowed here. (you are referring to the 2008 presidential election, right?) :D :laughing:

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #6  

One good thing about having the right to a free choice is the free choice thing. Nobody said that anyone HAD to vote for anybody, just that you should
vote for someone and again, I AM HER FATHER. You don't like that, then take it up with her Mother or not vote, but don't try using your political rhetoric on my attempt to get some Military families their due.

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #7  
OneMan said:
One good thing about having the right to a free choice is the free choice thing. Nobody said that anyone HAD to vote for anybody, just that you should
vote for someone and again, I AM HER FATHER. You don't like that, then take it up with her Mother or not vote, but don't try using your political rhetoric on my attempt to get some Military families their due.

Political rhetoric? What are you talking about? And who mentioned military families and getting their due? Nobody should be given preferential treatment for anything. Win based on performance, not because your dad is in the military. Using your rule, 2 military families in the contest, do we now need to ask for their rank in order to know who to vote for! Smh!

/ Don't post ANY contest,,,
To put it another way,,,

Asking for a vote in a forum just might get you a negative vote. Just because.

NOW what do you do ?

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #9  
To put it another way,,,

Asking for a vote in a forum just might get you a negative vote. Just because.

NOW what do you do ?

Me, personally, I refuse to have a battle of wits with those that are half armed.:thumbsup:

Remember never to ask what box blade to use because that will result in a contest. Also never ask what arc welder to use since that will result in a contest among manufactures and those that have a particular point of view.
The title of this FORUM is Family and Friends, not campaign 2912.
Besides my daughter was already voted a National Award:

I was just informed today that I am the 2012 National Guard Bureau Volunteer GOLD Award recipient. The GOLD Award is the highest award the NGB gives to civilian volunteers. One person per year is selected from all 54 States and Territories.
So much for negative votes. I'll match her BIO up against anyone here at TBN. How about your neighbor?:laughing:

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #10  
Political rhetoric? What are you talking about? And who mentioned military families and getting their due? Nobody should be given preferential treatment for anything. Win based on performance, not because your dad is in the military. Using your rule, 2 military families in the contest, do we now need to ask for their rank in order to know who to vote for! !

You might want to read the title again: MILITARY SPOUSE OF THE YEAR AWARD..
Nothing about whose father is in the service but whose spouse is in a certain branch of service.
Performance: what performance criteria would you suggest for spouses? Age?
Agility? Education? or Location? Would you like the Defense Dept. to pick the winner? Did you even look to see that it is a Magazine that is running the annual contest.
Once again I have to repeat myself that this is the Family and Friends Forum and it appears that you lack either upon whom to bestow your pride about their accomplishments. Me, I'm thankful I have 4 children and 12 Grandkids and each is special in their own ways, and I will continue to bore all those that are within listening distance about them and their specialness. There are no do overs in this life.
Get up to the plate and knock off the mud from those cleets and take some swings. If you hit it great if not so what. Otherwise sit in the stands with that red solo cup and turn to your friend with the double order of chefs todos and tell jim how you would have pounded that fast ball if only you had made the team.:thumbsup: