Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Now I am starting to worry...

My Credit Union that I love just closed its doors system wide... with no notice.

I posted before that all the local Wells Fargo branches closed... folks this is getting serious because in every declaration front the White House down it was said Banking is Essential and no need to pull your money out.

The notice says ATM and Mobil Banking open for business.

Well, I guess that's great if you have an ATM card or own a Cell Phone... the phone I carry is employer owned and personal APPS not allowed.

Mom has a share certificate and received a notice of dormant account... I called in and was told when she comes in to renew or transfer her share certificate end of April the dormancy will go away with activity and until then it will be OK but frozen until she comes in.

If I was OK with a nameless online bank we would have one... but we don't... we have brick and mortar based in our community...

Maybe this is only a California thing but what happens here doesn't stay here.

On a second note... several of my small business friends with employees up to 25 have been trying to contact their banks regarding the announced SBA loans... all of their banks are closed too...

Federal Law says banks cannot be closed for more than a prescribed amount of days... or maybe the laws from the Depression no longer apply? Don't know what it says about credit unions?

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #2  
All of my local banks have been assimilated into the collective of idiocy, drive through or web only, no lobby hours. Hopefully there will be penalties assessed on them later.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union
Not even drive though...

As mentioned... we do not have ATM cards or bank or credit union credit cards.

The notice was sent at 5:05 pm... five minutes after closing today... no advance notice and no reopening date.

I help a lot of elderly retired... do banking for them... not a one has online anything... about half have phones and the ones that don't have Life Alert with my phone number.

What good is Congress injecting liquidity in the market when the banks are closed?

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #4  
The financial institution that my wife works for has closed all branches that don't have a drive-through. The one's with drive-through have the lobbies closed. Been like that for a week. On-line is open 24-7.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union
Not a branch anywhere here with drive through... casualty of crime and the few remaining fell because of the anti car green movement... cars idling bad and reducing parking at every chance to steer people to transit villages and public transit.

How do you get cash online?

Never had an ATM card or Debit Card but have known two people forced at gun point to withdraw money from ATM machines... one in Hayward and one in San Leandro... just never seemed like a good thing idea here.

Wonder of the post offices will be closed... although they are all behind Plexiglas...

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #6  
Our bank has closed the lobby except by appointment. Drive thru is open, along with the ATM.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #7  
One of my accounts is with a credit union in the Wash DC area. They closed all their branches to walk in over the past week or so. You have to make a appointment for a one on one visit. I have a local bank in Sacramento, they have gotten increasingly firm about using online banking over the past two weeks but so far as I know the lobby is still open. Although they are letting in people one at a time.

If I have a face to face banking transaction that might be once or twice a year at most.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #8  
How do you get cash online?

Dunno. I very rarely ever use cash. A few times a year I pull $80 or less out of an ATM.

Cash is about the dirtiest thing out there and some places won't take it even in normal times.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #9  
For cash I use a debit card at ATMs. Before he passed, I even had my 98 year old father in law using an ATM card. It was much easier on the old galoot than standing in a slow moving line in the lobby,

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #10  
Last night I was thinking about going to my bank today to check on some stock certificates but for some reason decided to trim some brush instead. Never though about them being closed.