down pressure?

/ down pressure? #11  
Hey in response to the message suggesting usig levarage (pipe welded to head of ph and inserting pipe and pulling down) this is pretty dangerous for whoever you put on the pipe. when the auger bites and goes down potentially whoever is holding the pipe is in harms way. I doubt many of us would have the kind of reaction time to avoid injury. In response to the down pressure on the 3pt. all the industrial tractors I have operated with box blades have this feature with of course tilt etc. If you box blade alot this is a very good feature as is the hyd tilt. The poor boy way which is what i have is a piece of rail road iron welded on the top of my box blade. To control tire spin on units with down pressure the only answer I have is you have to operate your machine, this comes only with experience, you have to feel the tractor, and you gotta have a good eye. If this makes any sense to anyone..

/ down pressure? #12  
i've used the pipe stuck out from the post hole digger for leverage, it works great, but the pipe is @8-10ft past the digger to keep things safe; my wife has a cousin that got caught in a phd'er years ago..very bad situation; as for down pressure; it sure beats trying to jack up the tractor when you have a flat or get stuck;
heehaw

/ down pressure? #13  
heehaw i would probally be more receptive to that ideal as you have outlined. bottom line tractors arent toys they wil hurt you.. I have seen a professional operator digging on a 580 case have a cave in. when the ground gave the tractor went in the hole he was digging, he was thrown and ended up almost dieing. Broken back etc.

Down pressure is great.

/ down pressure? #14  
i "thought" international was the only tractors that had down pressure?? thats what i get for thinking..do the others that have it, have an external cylinder or is it done inside the tractor??
heehaw

/ down pressure? #15  
Looking for safe down pressure on a 3ph post hole digger. Go to ATTACHMENTS forum and look for "Danuser spindle" thread. You will find 2 posts from me with attached pictures.

/ down pressure? #16  
If your into belarus tractors,i have a 3045 4x4 which does have downpressure,great with rakes and scraper blades,Im selling this machine with loader AND 20 ORIGIONAL HOURS for 9500.firm,I also have a deere 950 4x4 w/loader and hoe 14400.bo