Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #11  
CR all the way. I’ve had mine for 10 years and frequently think about ordering another one to deep-store in the box, just in case they change the design or go out of business or something. I love the thing and it saves me days of raking or blowing. I’ve got multiple compost mountains that eventually become small piles and are like gold for the garden.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #12  
CR all the way. I’ve had mine for 10 years and frequently think about ordering another one to deep-store in the box, just in case they change the design or go out of business or something. I love the thing and it saves me days of raking or blowing. I’ve got multiple compost mountains that eventually become small piles and are like gold for the garden.
That is an impressive recommendation!

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #13  
Agree with what KennyG & others have said... We have had a Cyclone Rake XL for at least 10yrs.... We have run ours behind two different zero-turn's & after owning it, I would not be without it. It is easy to connect & disconnect & breaks down easily for off season storage. Very little clogging issues, maybe once a season & usually caused by a stick... but again rare occurrence. Ours does run the 8" Diameter tube & a 9hp engine. We have 30' (I think) of additional pickup hose & as others said it will pickup rocks. We use it on part of the driveway, gardens, & culverts; I just throttle down the engine to create the correct amount of suction for the task with out pulling the majority of the rock off the ground.

Also their customer service & support has been outstanding, when we needed to swap the XL to the new mower they were super responsive & it was not crazy money.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum
Thanks for all the replays. I'm leaning towards the Cyclone, it has some features I like solid mount to the rear of zero turn and hoses to pick up and discharge into a trailer. I'm deciding between the XL and the Z-10 there is only about $300 difference. The Z-10 has a 10" intake hose and a 10 HP motor. The XL has a 8" intake hose and 8 HP motor. Would that make much difference? For $300 I'm thinking of getting the bigger/ better as long as it is better.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #15  
Thanks for all the replays. I'm leaning towards the Cyclone, it has some features I like solid mount to the rear of zero turn and hoses to pick up and discharge into a trailer. I'm deciding between the XL and the Z-10 there is only about $300 difference. The Z-10 has a 10" intake hose and a 10 HP motor. The XL has a 8" intake hose and 8 HP motor. Would that make much difference? For $300 I'm thinking of getting the bigger/ better as long as it is better.
What size deck and mower type? Most of the homeowner type z-turns with 60 and under deck sizes would be fine with the 8in hose. Even most commercial z's with 60in deck would be fine with the 8in hose. The larger size won't hurt but depending on what you're using might not be necessary. I used 8in hose on mine and the choke point if I get a clog (which is rare) is typically the deck discharge area, not the hose.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #16  
Bigger never hurts, but I'm getting along fine with my Commercial Pro with 8" hose and 6.5 HP Briggs engine. I have a JD 2320 with a 62 inch deck. As TMGT notes, the deck discharge is more likely to plug (generally with wet leaves) than the hose. I don't think I've ever plugged the deck to blower tube. I have plugged the 25 foot pickup hose by getting into sticks but that is a rare occurrence.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum
The mower deck is a 52". My biggest use and need for this is the almost 400' of steep ditches I have that collect leaves. My mower w/bagger can't get into the ditch. I'm going to get the estate 32' vacuum hose to do the ditches. Which do you think would work better with the vacuum hose the XT or the Z-10?

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #18  
The larger unit will always work a little faster, i.e. pull more material through. However, the 8" hose, 8 HP unit will do everything you need to do.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #19  
Seriously? You’re going to risk the horrible “ I shoulda got the bigger one” for $300?! That isn’t even a close call. Always go bigger if it’s under $1000.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #20  
What’s your address? I’ll send you the $300 bucks. Lol!