Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #1  

mikester

Elite Member
Tractor
M59 TLB
1674648089993.png
1674648113598.png

Anybody use these? Is there another recommended brand/model?

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #2  
They are a handy hitch a couple of neighbors have them and like them. It can be a considerable investment if you have many wagons and tractors. I have heard of a few issues with pto shafts and if you are using a bale thrower that uses a tongue guide to stay centered in a bale wagon it doesn't work. I heard of one accidental release on a pull type chopper that the release rope got hung up while making a turn and when straightening back up it managed to pull the release rope.

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #3  
We have this style here in Europe. Very simple and compact design. Doesn't get in the way of anything. Uses the 3 pt hitch to lift/lower the hitch and a latch mechanism lets the drawbar go down or keep locked high in place.

Some other designs have an hydraulic cylinder that extends the drawbar so it can be seen easier from the cab.

Not sure if it's available in the US though.

1674673686925.png

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #4  
Interesting design for a hitch I've seen other pictures with them,
but I've never seen one in the US.

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #5  
Ptsg, Never saw one. Like it. Would actually be relatively simple to build.

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #6  
Ptsg, Never saw one. Like it. Would actually be relatively simple to build.
Yes it is. Although, it's not too terribly expensive either, at least here. I priced one for a compact tractor and it came at around €800.

Here is another video of it actually hooking a trailer. This one has the hydraulic extension (?) that pushes the hook further out.

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #7  
Very cool!!!! :cool:

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #8  
The hitch that PTSG posted is often called a pickup hitch. I have never seen them available on a US spec tractor, they are common on euro spec. The trailers use a lunette ring instead of pin hole clevis style that is common in the US. The trailer tongues will also have a short stand to hold them up in the air so the hitch can fit under it.

The hitch that mikester posted I have seen used on forage harvesters and forage wagons. However they can get costly if you have lots of wagons at $400. Also they get in the way of pto drivelines so on some applications they need removed before using a pto shaft.

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #9  
Yeah the only disadvantage for PTSG's hitch here in the USA is the implement tongue would have to be converted to Pintle. Most hitches here being pin style.

/ Drawbar quick hitch recommendations wanted #10  
Here's a video with a different take on the different hitches.