drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35 #1  

k2man

Tractor
2005 Case DX35
My 2005 Case DX35 with a Shibaura 3 cylinder diesel engine is leaking fuel from the injector pump, specifically from between the center cylinder penta head cap screw and the housing of the center cylinder output port (see picture). Being this is a penta head, I assume that means DFW (don't fool with ;). I thought it was a slow leak, it drips every few seconds. I put a bucket under it and in one day I had a gallon ($3.00 worth) of diesel fuel in my dirty bucket. So I figure I better fix this before I oil up the whole property. My first thought is to get a vice grips, mess up that shiny and perfect penta head bolt... well, maybe there's a better way. Anyone with experience in this area have a better idea? DX35 Injector pump.JPEGfuel leak injector pump DX35.jpg

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35 #2  
My 2005 Case DX35 with a Shibaura 3 cylinder diesel engine is leaking fuel from the injector pump, specifically from between the center cylinder penta head cap screw and the housing of the center cylinder output port (see picture). Being this is a penta head, I assume that means DFW (don't fool with ;). I thought it was a slow leak, it drips every few seconds. I put a bucket under it and in one day I had a gallon ($3.00 worth) of diesel fuel in my dirty bucket. So I figure I better fix this before I oil up the whole property. My first thought is to get a vice grips, mess up that shiny and perfect penta head bolt... well, maybe there's a better way. Anyone with experience in this area have a better idea?View attachment 686394View attachment 686393

Why vise grips?
Isn't that a hex head bolt?

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35 #3  
Why vise grips?
Isn't that a hex head bolt?

The OP said "penta" which is 5 sided, not a 6 sided hexagon that our wrenches easily fit on.

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35 #4  
It would be odd that a serious leak would start at that location. Before you wrench on it, shut your fuel off at the petcock and wait until the dripping stops, then really clean the area using brake clean or contact cleaner so it looks dry. Turn the fuel on and focus your attention above where the rubber line feeds into the pump from the tank. That is where you bleed the fuel when you change the filter. That would be a more logical spot for it to leak. :2cents:

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35 #5  
Probably needs new seals at all those points. You nearest dealer should have that socket. :rolleyes:

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35
You know, I thought I blocked off above with a paper towel so that I could find if the leak was below that. I took close up video, and it looks like it's coming from under that penta head cap screw, but as easy as it is, and as old as the hose must be (16 year old tractor so I bet it is original)... I'm going to replace all the fuel hose on the whole tractor before I tear in further... thanks, I hope you are right!

It would be odd that a serious leak would start at that location. Before you wrench on it, shut your fuel off at the petcock and wait until the dripping stops, then really clean the area using brake clean or contact cleaner so it looks dry. Turn the fuel on and focus your attention above where the rubber line feeds into the pump from the tank. That is where you bleed the fuel when you change the filter. That would be a more logical spot for it to leak. :2cents:
Well, I sure was hoping your were right ruffdog. But nope, the leak is between the output port (has a hex collar on it) and the plate with the penta head bolts. I replaced the fuel lines, cleaned it up really good and painted it a light minty green (closest thing I had handy to white) so I could see the leak (red dyed diesel) easier. The paint really made it easier to see. Going to paint my whole engine now - better to see a leak early.

Here's the photos. Didn't show up in the above post.IMG_3567.JPEGIMG_3568.JPEGIMG_3569.JPEG

/ drip drip leak at the injector pump on my 2005 Case DX35 #10  
My New Holland tc-45 with the Shibaura 4 cyl N844L engine developed a leak in the exact same spot within the last week. Was wondering if you ever got it fixed and what the repair was. I'm assuming there are seals around those ports that are toast. BTW, I bought a Pentagon 10mm socket on Amazon for $14 that fits those bolts that hold the plates down. I was hoping the bolts were just loose but, nope, tight as a drum. The socket will be useful if I have to remove it, however.