Driveway and Rear Blade (pictures)

/ Driveway and Rear Blade (pictures) #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
We've had rain on and off for a week or more so I thought today, being Sunday, I would re-work the gravel driveway. Between the Rear Blade and the 770 and my keen eye for grade:cool:....it came out nice. Took me about 2hours working mostly in 2nd gear, low range. 10 minutes of hand rakeing and just a touch of back dragging with the bucket and I was done.

Should have taken some before pictures...but I didn't.

Driveway92610004.jpg

Driveway92610002.jpg

Driveway92610007.jpg

Driveway92610015.jpg

/ Driveway and Rear Blade (pictures)
Looks like a pro did it, nice and level. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

While there is a crown there, it is much less this time around. I flattened the crown some and cut my edges back further than before. It does give it a rather flat look but, it isn't. The rain has got to run off somehow.

I may have a load of 1" gravel hauled in before winter to bring up the grade just a hair. Getting it in shape for the new 3pt. snowblower.

Thoroughly enjoyed my seat time today.:thumbsup:

/ Driveway and Rear Blade (pictures) #4  
Nice job! I had to laugh when I saw the back blade was yellow. I have a Kubota and may be getting a used green back blade (found one for sale, don't know any more about it yet).

I might have to take a can of orange paint to it if I get it so I can park it next to the tractor.

Nice job! I had to laugh when I saw the back blade was yellow. I have a Kubota and may be getting a used green back blade (found one for sale, don't know any more about it yet).

I might have to take a can of orange paint to it if I get it so I can park it next to the tractor.

If it's green....It'll work.:thumbsup:

/ Driveway and Rear Blade (pictures) #6  
Nice grading job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If it's green....It'll work.

As long as you don't lose it in the woods!::laughing:

Nice grading job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As long as you don't lose it in the woods!::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ya, in the summertime when things are Green you can't find the darn thing. In the winter when things are gray it sticks out like a sore thumb.!!:laughing::laughing: