Driveway options?

/ Driveway options? #1  

flashpuppy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Kubota SVL75-2
So my driveway is about 3/4 mile long. I hate that it is gravel, albeit well maintained and in great shape. But my poor Camaro... I can hear the ticking of gravel no matter how slow I go due to the drag radial tires. I am considering a new Corvette but I have to do something about this driveway before that bad boy comes home.

Chip and seal? Paving? What do you think I would be looking at for cost? Thoughts?

/ Driveway options? #2  
We drive off to one side with our mini-vans. I'm afraid the Vette will drag on anything short of concrete drive.

/ Driveway options? #3  
Around here it's about $3/SF if you have a decent base already. Assuming a 12' wide drive at 4000' long you are looking at roughly $150k.

/ Driveway options?
Around here it's about $3/SF if you have a decent base already. Assuming a 12' wide drive at 4000' long you are looking at roughly $150k.

Rats... Corvette is gonna have to wait a year. lol

/ Driveway options? #5  
Store it off property.

Build a garage at the main road.

pave it. I just did 700' of concrete for $41k. 9' wide with mesh and brushed. 20180927_123425.jpg

/ Driveway options?
Store it off property.

Build a garage at the main road.

pave it. I just did 700' of concrete for $41k. 9' wide with mesh and brushed.View attachment 582796

Not even close to an option. Not storing a ZR1 Vette anywhere other than my climate controlled building. I also build hot rods and just in general need to not have a gravel driveway. lol

/ Driveway options? #7  
You could switch to building off-road racers. :D

Bruce

/ Driveway options?
This is one I was working on a couple years ago. Has the right tires at least! :laughing:

/ Driveway options? #9  
Put a Draw-Tite hitch on it and pull a small trailer to carry your race tires in until you need them. Jack and a battery impact and you should be all set.

I found that crushed asphalt did a MUCH better job of staying out of sticky tires when you had it rolled with a vibratory road roller. Almost as good as regular asphalt. Stays put, too.00305128.jpg

Attachments

• 00305128.jpg
    00305128.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 268
   / Driveway options? #10  
Not even close to an option. Not storing a ZR1 Vette anywhere other than my climate controlled building. I also build hot rods and just in general need to not have a gravel driveway. lol
I like your taste in cars.