Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #1  

MarkF48

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2216
Has anyone registered their drone yet and if so how much information was necessary? Required creating an account to see what was required and no paper forms are available as samples. Kinda concerning to have another government agency with more personal info that potentially could get hacked or used inappropriately. Supposedly, "Register before midnight EST, January 20th, 2016 and your $5 registration fee will be refunded!". I assume this is credited back to a CC if that was the payment method(?)
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration

.......or are you not going to bother with registration? :D

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #2  
I'm holding off.

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #3  
.......or are you not going to bother with registration? :D

I wonder how soon after the law takes full effect, some camera toting drone is going to crash and cause personal or property damage, and they're going to use the video footage to find the drone's pilot because he runs away because it isn't registered? :laughing:

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #4  
They will have to pry my cold dead fingers off of mine.

Oh, yah. I forgot. I don't have one yet.

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #5  
Just registered... what I liked about registration was it was easy and you needed to provide only name/address/email. What I didn't like is you still need to give credit card and they rebate you the $5 if you register before Jan 21st. Worst part... the registration apparently expired in 3 years. I wonder if 'they' will keep the card info and auto renew at $5 or who knows by then what they decide?

This is going to generate some income I hope there is a transparent accounting of the used on expenses.... I'm not holding my breath. :censored:

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #6  
When they first announced the registration, they said there would be no fee. We are being overrun with illegals, and they are concerned with toys.

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #7  
How many illegals have been reporting flying too close to aircraft?

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration #8  
I bet one of those drone would be real handy for deer hunting. Just buzz it around and herd 'em right to you :D

/ Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Registration
Worst part... the registration apparently expired in 3 years. I wonder if 'they' will keep the card info and auto renew at $5 or who knows by then what they decide?
In 3 years it'll evolve into "pilot" background checks and $50 :D