Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters

/ Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters #1  

IrishBrewer

Tractor
2004 Mahindra 3510 Shift
I just bought a 3510 and want to service all the fluids and filters. I am seeing filter kits for both "early" and "late" 3510s. Mine is a 2004. What is the transition between the early and late versions so I know which set to get? One other thing that needs to be replaced is the seat so if anyone knows of a good source for replacements, please let me know - doesn't have to be OEM if good 3rd party ones can be found.

Thanks!

/ Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters #2  
A easy way to tell the difference between the early and late is the sheet metal and grill. The “late” had a swooping rounded nose grill while the early were very boxy. Early also had a yellowish/tan rim while the late had silver. I have a 2005 late model with 1300hrs. It’s been an awesome tractor, no complaints.

Early:
IMG_7883.jpg

Late:
IMG_7884.jpg

/ Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters #3  
I don't think that is quite correct - the new sheet metal models were already out before Mahindra changed from TYM built to Mitsubishi built. Mine was built in 2001 by TYM but is the new sheet metal model. I'm not sure but I think the Mitsubishi builds started in 2004. Different front axle units, way different hydraulic suction filter canisters and different location for the spin-on hydraulic filter. Oh, by the way, the 3510 and my 4110 were only different because of horsepower - identical tractors in every other way.

/ Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters #4  
My 2005 3510 is a TYM build.

/ Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters #5  
Like I said, "I'm not sure …" but mine built in 2001 is a new sheet metal model, not the old style. Mine is serial #43. I remember a discussion here way back in '04 or '05 where another member had a 4110 that was a 2004 model and it had the TYM engine like mine but had a Mitsu front axle assembly with totally different differential etc. and had different filters than mine for the hydraulics. It's certainly possible they used whatever they had in stock in Tomball to build tractors at any given time and maybe there were differences in use for the 3510s and 4110s. All I know for sure is mine is all TYM built, I've done extensive repairs to mine over the years from front to rear, inside & out. I do not know when they considered the change from old to new models except for the sheet metal aspect. Quite honestly after dealing with Mahindra back then and all these years since, I don't think THEY know what is what.

/ Early/Late Mahindra 3501 Filters #6  
Your 2004 Mahindra 3510 should have a "X" in the serial number (3510X.....). I have seen a couple of 10 Series Mahindra tractors that were "transitional" tractors manufactured in 2001. They had "old" running gear (chassis) but "new" sheet metal. IIRC, all 10 Series were manufactured by Tong Yang Moolsan and had Daedong engines, with the possible exception of the 7010. Looks as if Mahindra is currently out of the seats. We have purchased seats from Northern Tool in the past, but you may need to do slight modification to the seat pan. Just my $.02