Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics

/ Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
I added a 2.5" bore x 6" stroke cylinder and hinges to this box that was formerly bolted to the 3PH carrier to facilitate load dumping. I had been using the TNT top cylinder to dump the rigid box but not getting enough dump angle especially on a slope. The box will carry about a 1/2 cubic yard if heaped.

Edit: Looks like a bit of black paint might be in order. :)

On a side note, it's interesting to see that the Europeans tend to use the 3PH in lieu of the FEL to load, carry and dump heavy loads.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    979.7 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    992.4 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    963 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    957.3 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    909.5 KB · Views: 358
   / Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics #2  
Very cool and nice fab work. I have noticed the same thing about the europeans using the 3ph as a bucket loader on the many youtube videos I have watched on tractors. They also have some prety cool and inovative stuff

/ Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics
Thanks!

I realize that the "pond scoop" type 3PH buckets have been around for many years and have probably moved many thousands of yards of dirt. Not every tractor has a remote valve available but most tractors have provision for a rope operated dump trip. :)

The hydraulic cylinder also allows a bit of grading and smoothing capability by tilting the bucket. Limited back grading similar to what can be done with a box blade is achievable.

/ Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics #4  
Nelson,
Any developments concerning the mahindra loader?, also looks as if combo top link cylinder and dump cylinder can work in unison to create even greater dump angle if you have clearance underneath.

Hey Bill--Yes, Westendorf is going to be picking up the Mahindra in a couple weeks and taking it to their factory in Iowa to fit their TA-111 loader. They offer mounting brackets for several of the Mahindra line but not the 3015 so will be measuring and designing the mounting system. It will have a 60" SSQA bucket. They are good people to work with and made an offer that I can't refuse.

TA-111 | Westendorf

You're right on with the combo dump. The two cylinders offer a lot of capability. Also the dump box combined with the FEL more than doubles payload capacity with each counterbalancing the other. I think people are generally adverse to rear attachments that require turning the head to see what's going on. I like them because it puts weight on the rear wheels where it belongs.

Takes me back to the '50's as a kid on the farm where Dad had an 8N Ford with a rear mounted Dearborn loader. Sure made the 8N easy to steer and also good use of the 3PH by about tripling the normal lift height.

The Westendorf AUTODUMP is another example of making good use of the 3PH.

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/Westendorf/Default.aspx

Edit: Added video
Auto-Dump WR-2-3 - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics #6  
Nelson,
I am glad you have found a solution. I know you seriously considered the initial option and had it worked successfully, that would have been a feat worth touting. But that road was burdened with potholes, some with the potential for severe heartburn. I mentioned trying to work with Westendorf when searching a loader for the kubota, but the quotation was simply prohibitive. They have determined that the early Mahindra models were underrepresented with loader options and this will work to the benefit of you and the company. As an aside, if you seek a bucket slightly wider, you could seek a credit from Westendorf and pursue the Tommahawk line. Very reasonable, good quality. I have one of their 6 ft snow buckets and mounted for a brief moment on my 1620 ford. It would be the equilivent of a 300 hp outboard mounted on a 6 ft dinghy. It forced several neighbors to stop and question "had I lost my mind". Actually prompted me to leave it connected for a longer period, parked in view from the road. Had some fun telling folks it was only temporary, since the larger 7 ft snow bucket was backordered. Life goes on.

Note:Tommahawk snow buckets are truly HUGE. And where is your SNOW?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-01-19-38-01.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-01-19-38-01.png
    507.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
The Pat's Easy Mover @ $600 for a five footer would be a very cost effective tool and not require any auxiliary hydraulics.

Pat's Easy Mover - YouTube

/ Earth Mover, Ballast Box, Dump Box Combo--Pics #8  
Nice attachment npalen. I never thought of using the 3pt dirt scoop as a ballast box for FEL work but it makes more sense than having another unitasker sitting around. I could pour a concrete block that just fits inside and still use the scoop if needed elsewhere.

Good idea, mcfarmall.