Earth's Hottest Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Earth's Hottest Month #321  
My mother has mandatory recycling. Every month she brings her recycle bin out to the roadside... dragging it with one hand while the other holds her cane. Often she drags that same full bin back with the same material in it after they gather the rest of the trash.
One thing which mandatory fees for tires and white goods has done is sent more of that trash onto the roadside; one refrigerator and 2 tires would take away the money for a 30 pack.
Yes Indeed. The country roads during this pandemic filled up with trash, from people not wanting to pay a $5 per load fee in the county landfill. I found Tires, washer-dryers, old sofas, broken furniture, and lots of broken tiles and concrete. Even found a boat being abandoned, so i took photos of the guy and his tow vehicle and sent them to the Sheriff's office. Two days later he was back with a Sheriff watching him load the boat up. Happily, the county picks up the trash each week. Some people today are just lazy and have no sense of community spirit in doing the right thing.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #322  
Noah's Ark in KY. resembles an amusement park more than a museum. Its relevance to Climate Change is dubious.
"museum....noun....a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited."

The word museum does not mean the contents must be factual. Just as a art museum contains artwork that is a interpretation of what the artist wants to express. The Ark is just a expression or opinion at that moment.

/ Earth's Hottest Month
"museum....noun....a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited."

The word museum does not mean the contents must be factual. Just as a art museum contains artwork that is a interpretation of what the artist wants to express. The Ark is just a expression or opinion at that moment.
Do "museums" have the following?

"There’s so much to do at the Ark Encounter! Explore our massive family playground, built for kids of all abilities. Attend daily programs, concerts, and presentations in our 2,500-seat Answers Center. Soar through the air on zip lines, reaching up to 50 mph and 17 stories high! Visit animals from around the world at the Ark Encounter’s Ararat Ridge Zoo. And more!"

/ Earth's Hottest Month #324  
Some won't read this because of the source, but it gives a detailed description of how and when to plant trees. Planting Trees Sounds Like A Simple Climate Fix. It's Anything But.

I've long held that rather than creating huge tracts of undeveloped land far from population centers for the elite to use, there would be a lot more benefit to creating forest preserves next to big cities. It will never happen though because people would use them.

(I wouldn't have read it either, if it hadn't been linked from a Maine Forest Service newsletter.)
I admittedly haven't read the whole thread, but I believe that deforestation is a much bigger threat than CO2 emissions. Global warming is a natural phenomenon, and mankind's contribution is rather puny.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #325  
I admittedly haven't read the whole thread, but I believe that deforestation is a much bigger threat than CO2 emissions. Global warming is a natural phenomenon, and mankind's contribution is rather puny.
And you know this as a fact, how?

/ Earth's Hottest Month #326  
Global warming should promote more plant growth and plants consume C02 and off-gas O2.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #327  
And you know this as a fact, how?
I don’t know how he knows CO2 emissions aren’t harmful, but I do know from his statement he didn’t read this, or like publications.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #328  
Here's one explanation...

/ Earth's Hottest Month #329  
Been a fairly wet and cooler summer down south in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.