Echo 2511T is an amazing saw!

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #131  
Is it a little screamer without tuning? I like saws that fly as a factory saw.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #132  
Is it a little screamer without tuning? I like saws that fly as a factory saw.
It can be. Mine needed a little tuning after break in which is originally why I removed the limiters on the carb. If you can do buy do one mod though I highly recommend the 1/4” pitch conversion, cuts so much better than the stock 3/8” bar/chain that most come with.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #133  
Does ECHO offer the 1/4” pitch conversion off the shelf?

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #134  
The CS-2511TN comes stock with a .325 low profile Oregon Nano chain (and corresponding bar and sprocket) which cuts faster and with less chatter than the stock 3/8" chain. It only costs $10 more.

Last edited:
   / Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #135  
Update: the pipe gets delivered 9 Jul 24. I brought the 2511 back from the ranch; my house garage is better equipped. The limiters came out easier than I thought they would. I checked the settings before removal so I could return it to the original settings even though they'll change soon. BTW, my saw was set to the lowest settings. Anyway, it's back together and it fired and ran normally. The part I thought odd was there was to key in the limiter to index to the actual adjustment screws so I guess the limiters through stiction.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #136  
"The part I thought odd was there was to key in the limiter to index to the actual adjustment screws so I guess the limiters through stiction"

Please explain

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #137  
Sure. The limiters have an external slot for a screwdriver with a hole (that you set the wood screw into to extract it). Internally, it's smooth with no projection mimicking a standard screwdriver blade that would fit into the actual slot for adjusting the carb screws.

Stiction (a portmanteau of the words static and friction) is the force that needs to be overcome to enable relative motion of stationary objects in contact.

Really, I can't tell if the trimmed limiters are moving the needles or not. I'll put the pipe on and try tuning it and decide if the modified limiters - which I guess are now just extensions - will stay or go.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #138  
Well, the pipe came in today. The construction is quality. The fitment is great.

In retrospect, I could live without the limiters. With proper light, I believe you could still identify the slots in the adjustment screws without the limiters and likely have a more positive engagement while tuning. If you keep the limiters, before returning them to the carb block, re-establish the slot with a saw or a dremel to eliminate the consequences of distorting it while installing the screw to pull them. I had a heck of a time getting a purchase on them. Still, I tuned it as described by airbiscuit's video suggestion and it responded. On a throttle tap, the gyroscopic response is much more powerful. I have an inductive tach inbound to verify the rev limit and idle. Then, it goes out to the ranch to work.

Thanks, folks.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw!
Glad you all are enjoying this little saw. I knew I had bought something special pretty quickly after buying mine last summer. The mods I did made it even better, and were well worth the money. Next up, I gotta convert it to the nano chain....
Been kicking around the idea of which new saw is coming next. Leaning hard toward a Husqvarna 592XP or possibly the 395XP.