Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader
We got it started, but it had three leaks; radiator, compressor air line, and a hydraulic line I had off and on when plumbing in the valve to run the log grapple. We took all that off and are coming down in the morning, I want to get to the radiator shop before it closes. It seems to run good, and the steering and bucket still work. There was a problem with the steering before, maybe my cleaning the pickup screen inside the tank fixed it. I hope so. I’ll load video when I get home.

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader #532  
2_thumbs-up.png

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader #535  
Congrats! That was a big project.

Thanks. I started taking parts off the old engine on May 15th, so thats 5 months in the works. Longer than I thought it’d be.

The radiator shop says the core is rotten, and they’re working up what a core replacement will cost. It was cooling and not leaking, and I had already spent a lot on this swap. I wanted to space out the radiator expense if possible. The mechanic made the radiator leak trying to “fix” it, doh. Now I’ll have to come up with the money to do it now. If I wait, I’ll be waiting until April-May when the snow is gone.

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader #538  
OOPS.jpg

I have the radiator back, they replaced the core. It looks good. Maybe I’ll go put it on in a few days, we have storms forecast for Sunday and Monday. I wouldn’t get much done in that.