EFGC155 Flail mower bearing pulley removal?

/ EFGC155 Flail mower bearing pulley removal? #1  

CharlieDelta

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
I have a generic Chinese Flail mower EFGC155. It has a shot bearing. The shaft is vibrating and one bearing has a lot of play.

I am i am trying to remove the belt pulley from the shaft. Can anyone tell me how to pull this belt pulley
It has socket head screws which I have removed. It has another 4 small machine screw holes which looks like I can insert 4 screws to push it from the shaft? I dont think that the pulley separate's from the hub that holds the socket head screws. I did try a pulley puller but it would not budge. The hole in the centre is for the grease nipple.

Attachments

• 20221203_125329.jpg
    20221203_125329.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 20221203_125350.jpg
    20221203_125350.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 32
   / EFGC155 Flail mower bearing pulley removal? #2  
Those two empty threaded holes are designed to accept two of the bolts. Thread them in and tighten them evenly back and forth and it will pull the pulley off

/ EFGC155 Flail mower bearing pulley removal?
Thanks M, It worked a treat. Worked the 2 bolts in and it came straight off. There was some rust in the holes so the bolt holes looked undersize. I cleaned the holes and they matched the socket head screw size. Thanks for quickly reply and advice.

/ EFGC155 Flail mower bearing pulley removal?
I found that bearing is the insert type bearing Type UC207 with 35mm shaft. Its a common insert bearing.

Just beware that for some reason the Chinese manuals try to throw people off by describing the bearing as UC205 which is small size. For this machine, its a UC207 they are readily available.

For newbies like me that could figure it out. The bearing is not pressed in. Its simply rotated out of the housing into the slots. The bearing is convex on outer race so you will never press it in without it exploding. Its a insert bearing.

Attachments

• uc207pic.jpg
    uc207pic.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 23