Elastic bandages by the foot?

/ Elastic bandages by the foot? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I've got big feet and keep twisting ankles. It seems the "standard" for Ace type bandages being sold today is about 5 foot long UNSTRETCHED, 15' stretched. Anybody know of a source for it by length UNSTRETCHED? To get a good wrap on my body parts that is too short for me. I'd like about 6' unstretched.

/ Elastic bandages by the foot? #2  
An ankle brace might be a better option. They are made with several levels of stabilization. But if u have already tried that, Amazon has longer lengths of Ace wrap that can be cut to size.

Or join two shorter lengths with the hook and loop ends?

Last edited:
   / Elastic bandages by the foot?
Do you have any links? I've spent about 15 minutes looking an Amazon and have not found any cut to size.
My BIL is a GP type Doctor, all he could come up with was Stretch Tubular Elastic Dressing. I don't need tubular.

/ Elastic bandages by the foot? #4  
Do you have any links? I've spent about 15 minutes looking an Amazon and have not found any cut to size.
My BIL is a GP type Doctor, all he could come up with was Stretch Tubular Elastic Dressing. I don't need tubular.

My mistake, I bought some on Amazon for my wife’s broken foot a week ago. I just now looked at the box which gives the “stretched” length at 15 feet. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

/ Elastic bandages by the foot? #7  
You're going after the problem (twisted ankle), not the solution (stop twisting ankle). Get some good boots with a 10" shank. Something like combat boots.
Was going to pop in and say this.

You've probably stretched some ligaments and muscles that normally stabilize your foot and ankle. Wrapping in addition to better support, i.e. footwear, to get healed up. You don't mention if you've done any PT for this, but it's a really good idea. I went through years of sprained ankles from an injury that damaged my ankles. Until i met a physical therapist that specialized in sports injuries. I did elastic wraps and better footwear, with PT and eventually pretty much resolved the problem and haven't reinjured my ankles in many many years.

/ Elastic bandages by the foot? #8  
I've used elastic bandages from the vet section at pet supply places or TSC. They make them for horses & you can get them in long rolls. Lose self adhesion over time, but some J&J tape around the final wrap works to hold them.

/ Elastic bandages by the foot? #9