Electric Grease Gun-love it

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #1  

PowerTracManiac

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1460
Have Ryobi tools and just got the battery operated grease gun.
Did maintenence on the 1460 and what a joy it was!
All lubed in no time at all. Was kinda fun actually.
If you don't have this tool, I highly recommend getting one.
Was easy to reach all the zerk fittings.
Will lube more frequently now that I have this setup.

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #2  
Why will you lube more frequently?

Be careful on sealed bearings, them super squitter's don't know when to stop :ROFLMAO:

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #3  
Congratulations! @PowerTracManiac did you have a manual lever or pistol grip version or pneumatic grease gun before this?

I have a couple of pneumatic ones (had one, got two as part of some mixed tool purchases), and I am curious if the electric versions have any advantages. One of mine does output 10,000psi, and I think that it makes a difference. So does a Lock-n-Lube coupler to reduce wasted grease...

All the best, Peter

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #5  
Congratulations! @PowerTracManiac did you have a manual lever or pistol grip version or pneumatic grease gun before this?

I have a couple of pneumatic ones (had one, got two as part of some mixed tool purchases), and I am curious if the electric versions have any advantages. One of mine does output 10,000psi, and I think that it makes a difference. So does a Lock-n-Lube coupler to reduce wasted grease...

All the best, Peter
Obviously no hose to get tangled in equipment. Battery powered gun works out in the field, not tied to a compressor.

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #6  

All the best, Peter
I've used pneumatic, lever, pistol grip and now electric.(DeWalt). I love the electric one. I used to use a pneumatic back when I owned a semi and the weekly greasing of it wore me out with about 40 fittings to hit. Wish I had an electric version then, but they weren't around in the late 80s. As mentioned, with an electric you aren't tied to an air compressor and it is way easier. The hose is fairly long so you don't have to hold it up to the fittings underneath the tractor. I grease about every ten hours if I am doing loader work, I let it pump three to five pumps, less if I see grease moving.
Pneumatic is way ahead of manual, electric is even further ahead of pneumatic. You won't regret the switch.

He's pretty thorough in his testing and reviews if you are in the market.

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #7  
I have the Ryobi grease gun, but without the lock&lube tip on it, its useless.
With the lock&lube all it takes is 1 finger to operate it, and the nozzle doesn't fall off.

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #8  
I've been looking at the Makita grease gun on Amazon, but haven't bought it yet. I've tried a few different grease guns that run off my air compressor and I hated all of them. They all had issues working 100% of the time. It just became faster to use a manual grease gun then dealing with the air gun issues.

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #9  
I also use the Ryobi family of tools and I've got my eye on the grease gun. And the 1,100 ft/lbs impact wrench. And the heat gun. And the brushless multi tool....

/ Electric Grease Gun-love it #10  
Thanks for the tips! Funny how one makes a cordless battery choice and then you are really locked into those tools, as the change is so pricey.

I looked at another brand of battery powered grease gun at one point, and just couldn't face the thought of another battery set to maintain and charge.:rolleyes::LOL: Silly of me, but there I am.

All the best,

Peter