Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up

/ Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up #1  

Loranger10

Tractor
Mahindra Emax22
My backhoe is locked up. Front bucket works fine and I can drive and steer it. Had to disconnect the backhoe lines to bring main arm up with come alongs and pin it. Same with out riggers. When moving controls that were disconnected fluid came out of control valves, but once connected no systems work on backhoe, it twitches and engine Boggs down. I assume a relief valve is stuck? If so where is it and what is recommended process to clean/replace it? And help is greatly appreciated.

/ Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up #2  
I would double check that you reconnected the hoses in the correct locations.

Also check your hydraulic fluid level

/ Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up
Thank you very much. As nothing was working in a precarious location my goal was to get the system to where I could inspect it. You were right. The return line spring loaded coupler was disconnected. it was difficult to see as it looked completely connected.
Things of note:
- I couldn’t get the coupler together by hand. I had to remove the couplers from the hose, clean and was able to get them together
- From there I put the couplers on the hose while connected
- I don’t know how they came apart, nut it’s near my feet, so possibly my foot stepped on it and began the disconnect process.
- So I fabricated a red-neck/hillbilly cover to protect it.
thanks again

Attachments

• D2BA692D-5BE5-4F82-9162-2B062D3A5891.jpeg
    D2BA692D-5BE5-4F82-9162-2B062D3A5891.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
  • B8F9FAB7-E51D-4EF9-9B4B-A515A4B8E46E.jpeg
    B8F9FAB7-E51D-4EF9-9B4B-A515A4B8E46E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • 0FCC3C9E-EAB4-46B3-B994-BDBADE46FA10.jpeg
    0FCC3C9E-EAB4-46B3-B994-BDBADE46FA10.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
   / Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up #4  
Why the 3 lines?

Supply, check.
Return, check.
What's the 3rd?

/ Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up #5  
On some tractors, the BH is plumbed into the power beyond circuit. The third line is the continuing of the circuit. The "third" hose is the supply to the BH when connected, when the BH is off, that hose gets plugged back into the circuit by the 3 point, providing power to the 3 point.

It's a strange set up, but works. My SCUT LS had the 3 hose system. My CUT LS, has rear remotes and the BH just plugs into them. The remote has a detent to hold the flow open.

I have seen the same tractor without the remotes, and it is plumbed with the 3 hoses.....

One would think that the manufacturers would make the hook up the same even if it was just a specific model line or the same brand line.

/ Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up #7  
Thank you very much. As nothing was working in a precarious location my goal was to get the system to where I could inspect it. You were right. The return line spring loaded coupler was disconnected. it was difficult to see as it looked completely connected.
Things of note:
- I couldn’t get the coupler together by hand. I had to remove the couplers from the hose, clean and was able to get them together
- From there I put the couplers on the hose while connected
- I don’t know how they came apart, nut it’s near my feet, so possibly my foot stepped on it and began the disconnect process.
- So I fabricated a red-neck/hillbilly cover to protect it.
thanks again
I bet there was pressure in the hose, and that led to the difficulty in connecting. When I take my backhoe off, I move all functions with the engine off until the implement is settled.

If you do end up with pressure, with AG couplers you can just tap the nipple of the coupler on a hard clean surface (somewhere on the implement). That will let a little oil out, and you should be able to connect. It's easier to do that than to take the fitting off.

/ Emax 22 Backhoe Locked up
I bet there was pressure in the hose, and that led to the difficulty in connecting. When I take my backhoe off, I move all functions with the engine off until the implement is settled.

If you do end up with pressure, with AG couplers you can just tap the nipple of the coupler on a hard clean surface (somewhere on the implement). That will let a little oil out, and you should be able to connect. It's easier to do that than to take the fitting off.
I did moved all levers to relieve pressure to include the bucket and steering wheel. It was a little dirt too. I also pushed on nipple too. Thanks for the good words.