Emax 25 oil change

/ Emax 25 oil change #11  
Change the oil and the filter. You should be able to find filters cheaper than $30. Cross reference them with a national brand. Why change motor oil and not the filter.

/ Emax 25 oil change #12  
I have access to tech. info you guys can not access. Emax 22/25 engine oil and filter is 150hr after first 50. Hyd fluid and filters are 200hr after first 50. The service charts are being updated. Ok to clean suction screen.

/ Emax 25 oil change #13  
I think you're confusing the emax with the max. The emax maintenance schedule has the oil replacement every 100 hours or 12 months and the oil filter every 200 hours (page 51).

They suggest you replace the suction strainer which is pretty expensive and it can clearly just be cleaned as it's just a screen, furthermore they left out the location and procedure in the manual as well. I had to search through the transmission parts diagrams online just to locate the thing. In case the filters are ordered and in the mail, bought a couple to justify the shipping cost.

Would you post the link as to where to find Mahindra parts diagrams are located?

PS

I finally changed the Royal Purple hydraulic oil on my Kubota L39 after near 1,500 hrs since last change. Oil was a bit dirty as it has wet brakes and wet hydraulic shuttle clutch. If I could super filter the oil, it would be good as new. The particular dual filters on the L39 have strong magnets in the filter bases. There was only a hint of metallic sludge on them. If you are finding metallic items in your suction screen, that is not good. suggest using a better oil.

On my Max 28 I plan on going a long time with the hydraulic oil (800-1,000 hours) before changing after the first 100 hour service. (I'll change filters every 200-400 hours)

/ Emax 25 oil change #14  
Would you post the link as to where to find Mahindra parts diagrams are located?

PS

I finally changed the Royal Purple hydraulic oil on my Kubota L39 after near 1,500 hrs since last change. Oil was a bit dirty as it has wet brakes and wet hydraulic shuttle clutch. If I could super filter the oil, it would be good as new. The particular dual filters on the L39 have strong magnets in the filter bases. There was only a hint of metallic sludge on them. If you are finding metallic items in your suction screen, that is not good. suggest using a better oil.

On my Max 28 I plan on going a long time with the hydraulic oil (800-1,000 hours) before changing after the first 100 hour service. (I'll change filters every 200-400 hours)

It sounds like you use your using the hours on your equipment a lot faster than most. And in that case doing that kind of maintenance with good oil is no worries.. the new premium oils for trans/hyd systems last a very long time if the machine is kept right and filters are changed.. but your equipment I bet has little sit time in between uses..... and your equipment most likely has far less problems other than general wear an tare than most tractors the same age and a third of the hours.

/ Emax 25 oil change #15  
Oh! speaking of purple have you checked out Mahindra's Hyd/Trans oil?

/ Emax 25 oil change #16  
I think you're confusing the emax with the max. The emax maintenance schedule has the oil replacement every 100 hours or 12 months and the oil filter every 200 hours (page 51).

They suggest you replace the suction strainer which is pretty expensive and it can clearly just be cleaned as it's just a screen, furthermore they left out the location and procedure in the manual as well. I had to search through the transmission parts diagrams online just to locate the thing. In case the filters are ordered and in the mail, bought a couple to justify the shipping cost.
I've got an emax 22 hst. I haven't yet figured out where the suction strainer is located, or what is required to get it out ?. Can you describe the location and how to get it off?

/ Emax 25 oil change
In the rear transmission part schematic its part number 14
http://parts.mahindrausa.com/dealerview/illustrationview.aspx

Removal is simple, just unscrew it, I believe it's around a 1" bolt head. Just clean it and reinstall, I did find a bit of shavings on it from break in btw, of course I've found the same on many motorcycles post break in.

/ Emax 25 oil change #18  
Suction strainer is on right side just below the 3-point lift valve. Follow the supply line from the pump up front.Remove the hose clamp from the connector hose. Remove the tube line mounting bolt. 12mm I think. Then remove banjo bolt from the tube line. Watch for the o-rings on ether side.

/ Emax 25 oil change #19  
In the rear transmission part schematic its part number 14
http://parts.mahindrausa.com/dealerview/illustrationview.aspx

Removal is simple, just unscrew it, I believe it's around a 1" bolt head. Just clean it and reinstall, I did find a bit of shavings on it from break in btw, of course I've found the same on many motorcycles post break in.

The link you provided takes me to a Mahindra online parts lookup but requires a login/password. Is this for dealers only as it doesn't allow me to register for an account? Any chance you could take a screen shot of the page and post it?

/ Emax 25 oil change
image.jpgPart 14