Empty Lot / Full Lot

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #1  

jezreel

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota - MX5400 DTC
I bought my MX5400 last December. I’ve been waiting for A quick hitch for 10 months. I check in with my salesman via text ever other month. Each time he says they have not been able to get one. Last month I got a bit more wordy, as I just couldn’t believe that in 9 months they couldn’t get a QH. He replied that they didn’t even have any tractors on their lot. I’m thinking, Yeah Right. I drove to Memphis last weekend and passed some Kubota lots chock full of tractors. Others with slim pickins. Same with the green lots. Well, I drove into town 2 days ago and thought I’d stop by to have a face to face. WOW! ! ! Wowwwwwww! ! ! They had absolutely ZERO tractors on their lot. And very few implements. My salesman was at lunch, but I ended up having a good conversation with one of the guys there. I told him about the numerous Kubota lots with lots of tractors. He said he gets photos from customers all the time with of those full lots.

That is CRAZY. How does this happen. My dealer’s lot with NO tractors, and others busting at the seams with tractors. Anyway, I just thought I’d throw that out there. This world has plum gone crazy.

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #2  
Dealerships often get allotments and/or priority based on past sales volume. Sometimes it is a matter of which dealers were proactive and ordered before things went crazy. Of course, if your dealer is awesome, maybe he just sold his allotment and the other guys didn't. Though, I find that unlikely.

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #3  
My LS dealer has not had any tractors for months. Then last week he got 8 in. Very tempting to see about doing a trade in!

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #4  
Our Kioti dealer is that. Inventory seems to drop to a few tractors, mostly smaller . Two weeks there are 18 or 20 on the lot or on skids awaiting assembly, mostly CK or DK or NX.

Another week or so and they’re down to a few.

Business must be good.

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #5  
I've seen the same thing while shopping. It seems to me the big mega-dealers seem to get preference. When I was looking a JD a couple of the huge outfits had some stock, but the smaller local guys not so much. Same way with Massey. The big upper midwest dealers had stock, but nothing around here (southwest Virginia), much.

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #6  
In August I was surprised to see inventory in Washington State when nothing in my part of California...

/ Empty Lot / Full Lot #7  
Dealerships often get allotments and/or priority based on past sales volume. Sometimes it is a matter of which dealers were proactive and ordered before things went crazy. Of course, if your dealer is awesome, maybe he just sold his allotment and the other guys didn't. Though, I find that unlikely.
The dealer where I bought my Kioti is like that. They were an early adopter of Kioti after having a falling out with Kubota. They have a very successful sales history AND they were prescient enough to have ordered a boatload of extra tractors before thing got completely crazy.

My local Kioti dealer didn't have anything to demo and couldn't give a definite delivery date. They are back to selling lawn mowers and side-by-sides. The place where I wound up buying was over an hour away but had several models to test drive and your pick of models in crates waiting for assembly.

Last edited:
   / Empty Lot / Full Lot #8  
Dealerships often get allotments and/or priority based on past sales volume.
This is exactly what my dealer told me. He said Kubota is also prioritizing based on instock non-contracted equipment so if someone has a L3901 on order from a low priority dealer and a high priority dealer has one on the lot but under contract they'll get the L3901 first even though they still have one "sitting" on the lot. My dealer said in his opinion Kubota was doing it as fairly as possible to meet the demand of the customer but he wasn't super happy because they were using historical sales data and while he had a good stock of some things but couldn't get other things because in the past he didn't have a big market for it but now he does.