Financing End of the line for zero financing?

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
With the latest fed increase are we at the end of the line for the zero interest consumer economy?

mddorange

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, Loaded rear tires, LP RCR 1860 5' Cutter, LP RTA 1258 5' Tiller, LP PFL 2042 Pallet Forks w/60" Extensions, KK BB60 Box Blade, KK PHD-12" Post Hole Digger
Yes, but the real problem is that a lot of businesses will jump even higher trying to get ahead of the next increase.

RickB

Super Star Member
Tractor
Just a Scag
With the latest fed increase are we at the end of the line for the zero interest consumer economy?
Zero percent financing ALWAYS has a cost and did not come into being after the 2008 crisis.
When supply and market conditions dictate, zero percent deals will be around regardless of the Fed rate.

arrow

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016

You could actually see more of it. They only show you "0" so they can increase the price so as to get their money they didn't get from interest. I bought a tractor that was a few bucks cheaper at 4.3% interest in the long run, than buying the thing for 0 interest but at the higher "0 %" purchase price .

tcartwri

Elite Member
Tractor
CT235
Zero financing was strictly marketing. I assure you they were not doing us a favor.

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MX5100, L4300, B7800. JD 790
Zero percent financing ALWAYS has a cost and did not come into being after the 2008 crisis.
When supply and market conditions dictate, zero percent deals will be around regardless of the Fed rate.

You could actually see more of it. They only show you "0" so they can increase the price so as to get their money they didn't get from interest. I bought a tractor that was a few bucks cheaper at 4.3% interest in the long run, than buying the thing for 0 interest but at the higher "0 %" purchase price .

Zero financing was strictly marketing. I assure you they were not doing us a favor.

Bingo on all three. Zero is just a different form of a discount with a little snake oil rubbed in..

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor; 5,400 pounds operating weight ~~~~~~~~ 37 horsepower
Cars or tractors, if you want the business you have to offer attractive financing.

The majority of customers shopping have acceptable credit but no money in the bank.

(Which is a pretty terrible statement about how financially unprepared the same folks are for eventual retirement.)

Kubota is based in Japan where the Japanese 10 year note was 0.07%, ( 7/100ths of 1% ) yesterday.

Without question "0%" financing is built into the net, net, net tractor price UNLESS you can pay cash and negotiate, in which case the "0%" premium can be squeezed out.

I speculate 90% of 17-horsepower to 60-horsepower tractors are financed.

Last edited: