EPA issue ban on wood stoves

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #1  

NativeSon

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040SU 2010
Just saw on the news this morning that the EPA has issued regulations that will basically shut down the manufacturing of wood burning stoves. This is not only a job-killer but an attack on families that heat their homes with wood.

Charlie

Last edited:
   / EPA issue ban on wood stoves #2  
Yep....that will shut down most of New England as well as the northern tier of the US (and definitely Alaska!). Not only the wood stove manufacturers (Vermont Castings, Harman, Jotul (in Maine) and others), the folks who make their money selling wood will take a big hit.
Maybe the lefties in the New England area will rethink their idiocy in voting for this a-hole and his lackeys.

I was talking to my old boss at Vermont Castings (wood stove manufacturers). The industry lobby is working on this, but I don't give them much chance of success.

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves
Somebody needs to rein in the EPA. Bureaucrats can run amok and be more dangerous than politicians.

Charlie

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #4  
EPA's Wood-Burning Stove Ban Has Chilling Consequences For Many Rural People - Forbes

They putting emission standards for large particulate output in 2015 and a higher standard in 2019. I can just see it now. manufacturers are going to put some type of cataylitic converter thats going to need maintenance or increase the risk of a fire in the house and the insurance companies will be darn certain that your premiums will reflect that.

I think this is just another way to push the green agenda for our government. If you can't make something cost effective than regulate the other options to the point where it does become cost effective.

The funny thing is if you asked anybody if burning firewood is green energy most would say yes. It is a completely renewable resource that is readily available for most rural people whom have limited incomes.

I'm just waiting to see how this will all pan out if houses start catching fire because of the new regs. Which one will not be blamed? The homeowner, the manufacturer or the EPA. Alex I'd like to buy a vowel

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves
How many left-wing liberal elitist snobs from the Northeast(BIL is one!) do you have to burn to stay warm next winter? And how many does it take to make a cord? This is new stuff that I don't know.

Charlie

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #6  
Next, they will be banning burning brush piles!

And it isn't just those up north that heat with wood. While I have central hear, it is electric, and I can cut and stack much of my own wood, FAR more CHEAPLY. Rarely does my central heat come on, unless the temps are below 30-35. I just prefer to keep the house warm, (68-72) with wood.

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #7  
I predict that if this ruling is not overturned, there will be a dramatic increase in the number of individuals learning how to weld...
I guess once the EPA minions figure out that folks can fab their own wood stove up then they will then ban welders...

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #8  
Which wood heaters are covered by the proposed rule?

The proposed updates would strengthen the emissions standards for new wood stoves, while establishing federal air standards for other new wood heaters, including outdoor and indoor wood-fired boilers (also known as hydronic heaters).

The proposed standards also would set particulate matter (PM) emission limits for newly manufactured adjustable-rate woodstoves, pellet stoves, wood-fired hydronic heaters, forced-air furnaces, masonry wood heaters, and a type of previously unregulated woodstove known as a 都ingle burn rate stove.

Are all wood heaters covered by this proposed rule?

The proposed rule would not affect existing woodstoves and other wood-burning heaters currently in use in people痴 homes. EPA has a number of tools available to help local governments address existing heaters, including 鉄trategies for Reducing Residential Wood Smoke. Issued by EPA痴 Burn Wise program, this comprehensive document covers local regulations, voluntary programs, funding mechanisms and best burn practices - all of which can help reduce particle pollution from existing wood-burning appliances.

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #9  
Wow. This is scary. And unnecessary, a tree releases the same amount of carbon being burned as it does rotting in the woods.

/ EPA issue ban on wood stoves #10  
Wow. This is scary. And unnecessary, a tree releases the same amount of carbon being burned as it does rotting in the woods.

Now you've done it! You have introduced facts into the equation!