Error 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault

/ Error 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault #1  

liamcward

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
This one has got me stumped. I’m getting Error Code 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault if I run the machine somewhat hard - once it warms up. If it shut it down and let things cool off a little, it goes away.

When the code comes up there is a noticeable decrease in engine performance.

All I have tried so far is blow out my air filter (new) and giving the radiator screen a good cleaning. Seemed to go away for a bit but back now.

I’m not entirely sure what that code would be connected to tbh? Could it be related to the Mass Airflow Sensor?

Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated! Can’t find out much info on what exactly this error means.

Thanks!

/ Error 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault #4  
Everything google is showing relates to the "switch" or "circuit" being open, sounds like a bad sensor to me. I'd pull the numbers off any sensors on the intake side, pull their test numbers and get to work.

/ Error 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault #5  
What year or series is your Toolcat? In my manual the code is E00010803 and sounds like it is a generic OBD2 P2229 code. I'm not finding anything either....

/ Error 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault
What year or series is your Toolcat? In my manual the code is E00010803 and sounds like it is a generic OBD2 P2229 code. I'm not finding anything either....
Sorry I should have mentioned that in the OP. It’s a 2014 G series

Atmospheric pressure sensor. It is used to determine the density of the air and is an input to the engines fuel flow control.
Hmmmm my ECU is pretty much brand new. But I will take a peak and see if there’s anything that’s built up around it since I installed it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I pulled and carefully but thoroughly cleaned up the Mass Airflow Sensor and the Intake Manifold Pressure sensor today. I’ll give it a run tomorrow and see how it goes.

/ Error 108-03 Barometric Pressure Fault #10  
Atmospheric pressure sensor. It is used to determine the density of the air and is an input to the engines fuel flow control.
Right. I've wondered if they need to be compensated for altitude.