Errors 14-02, 26-02 and 27-02

/ Errors 14-02, 26-02 and 27-02 #1  

Banishwrx

Tractor
Toolcat 5600A
Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out with some issues I'm having on my 2003 Toolcat 5600 (Series A I believe - solid front axle and solid boom).

I randomly (but fairly consistently) get a 26-02 (Front base solenoid error On) and 27-02 (Front rod solenoid error on). If I get one of these, I get both - they always go together. As I said, I don't have them all the time but about 95% of the time when I use the Toolcat they will appear. Sometimes, it's as soon as I start it and sometimes it just happens as I'm using it. From what I can tell these refer to the boom lift and tilt functions, but the boom lift and tilt functions work fine even with these error codes. I have the Bobcat Toolcat 5600 Service Manual and have been pouring through it looking for help but I haven't had much luck. In the electrical diagram the only thing I can really find is for the Joystick but have been unable to trace where the problem might be. From reading on the forums it sounds like a ground or power to ground issue but I'm unsure of where to begin looking. I'm new to "heavy" machinery but can find my way around a 12v system decently.

Another (and more troublesome) error I am getting is the 14-02 (Fuel shutoff solenoid primary error On). This one seems more random but when it does occur, the toolcat instantly shuts down. In doing some testing this morning, the machine will now only run for anywhere from 30sec to a couple of minutes before it throws this error code and shuts off - this testing was just me turning the machine on and letting it idle until it died. I did this a few times and didn't even attempt to move it in case it died in the middle of my driveway or something. When this error pops, I can hit the Stop button to completely kill power to the machine and then start it back up again, but it will eventually die again.

In going through the Service Manual I'm guessing this is wire 3100 which goes from (or to?) the Display Controller plug J3 PinA and then goes to (or from?) C114 (whatever that is). From C114 (pin 13?) it goes to (or from?) C442 which looks like the Fuel Sender. The problem is, reading these on a diagram is fine, but I have no idea where any of these components (except the Display Controller) are in the Toolcat. I've also noticed there is a Fuel Shutoff but that seems to be a relay and not a solenoid. Any advice on were to look for this problem would also be greatly appreciated.

I've taken apart the arm rest because it seems that the Arm Rest Senor can be an issue but I'm not sure that is it. I've tried using a neodymian magnet to enable and disable the sensor and that seems to work fine - at least the Display Controller is consistently recognizing if I have the magnet in place or not. I have also recently redid the ground on the negative battery terminal as that was pretty corroded. Other then those 2 things, I haven't done much to diagnose the problem because I'm not even sure where to begin.

Any advice or tips would be very helpful at this point because I can't even use the machine at this point and living in NH I want to be able to use it to plow this winter. Thanks All!

-Jeff

/ Errors 14-02, 26-02 and 27-02 #2  
Front Base and Front Rod solenoids refer to the front auxiliary control that is electric over hydraulic controlled not the lift and tilt which are pilot operated control.
Error on means the controller is reading a voltage signal in feedback wire from that component when it should be Off/no voltage.

The fuel primary circuit is "supposed to" send higher amp 12v to the fuel solenoid pull coil for approximately .75 seconds. The primary pull goes through the fuel relay, check to see if the relay is sticking ON.

/ Errors 14-02, 26-02 and 27-02
Front Base and Front Rod solenoids refer to the front auxiliary control that is electric over hydraulic controlled not the lift and tilt which are pilot operated control.
Error on means the controller is reading a voltage signal in feedback wire from that component when it should be Off/no voltage.

The fuel primary circuit is "supposed to" send higher amp 12v to the fuel solenoid pull coil for approximately .75 seconds. The primary pull goes through the fuel relay, check to see if the relay is sticking ON.

Thank you for the info!! In my research I found the Male and Female aux hydraulics electric connections and at first thought that might be what the 26-02 and 27-02 errors referred too but then got myself twisted in circles and couldn't figure it out.

I will check the fuel relay and see if it's working properly - I may just replace it to be safe.

Thanks for giving me a direction to look into!!

-Jeff