EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475

/ EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475 #1  

EuroYanmar

Gold Member
Tractor
Tractormatic
Good morning,

It's done !
Stage 5 Tym T475 has got the European certification and can be sold and registered in the European Union.
I found this information on this spanish database :

[Tractores agrícolas y estructuras de protección homologadas] - Agricultura - magrama.gob.es

At once, I did'nt find the info as I made a search with the brand TYM but it is registered under the brand Tong Yang.

Homologation tym T475 a.JPG Homologation tym T475 b.JPG

The firm who performed the certification process is Hydro Masz, the TYM polish importer.
Now we understand why they began to sell T475 in Poland. Obviously those tractors are the ones they used to perform the certification process.

BTW the certification was made on december 2nd 2020, so it is super fresh !

Phil

/ EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475 #2  
Good morning,

It's done !
Stage 5 Tym T475 has got the European certification and can be sold and registered in the European Union.
I found this information on this spanish database :

[Tractores agrícolas y estructuras de protección homologadas] - Agricultura - magrama.gob.es

At once, I did'nt find the info as I made a search with the brand TYM but it is registered under the brand Tong Yang.

View attachment 680667 View attachment 680668

The firm who performed the certification process is Hydro Masz, the TYM polish importer.
Now we understand why they began to sell T475 in Poland. Obviously those tractors are the ones they used to perform the certification process.

BTW the certification was made on december 2nd 2020, so it is super fresh !

Phil

Is Stage 5 certification good news?
A better, more trouble free system than Stage IV?

/ EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475
Is Stage 5 certification good news?
A better, more trouble free system than Stage IV?

Hi Fried 1765,

Really, I don't know !
For sure it's better for the environment than stage 4 but heavier for the wallet.
Anyway we don't have any other choice.
The new regulation will be here on January 1st and those tractors will come under stage 5.

Phil

/ EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475 #4  
I think the main difference between stage 4 and 5 in Europe is that on Stage 4, tractors above 50Hp required some sort of emission control like DPF.

Now on stage 5, it works pretty much like in the US. All tractors above 25HP will need a way to reduce the emissions, like a DPF or DOC.

Above 75HP will require DEF as well, along with DPF.

Under 25HP, it's not requires extra emission stuff.

These emissions systems are not necessarily a bad thing like when they were first introduced. The main problems are still not using the tractor hard enough and the dealers not teaching new operators how to use the tractor in a way that the DPF will be happy.

/ EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475 #5  
Discovered on a label on engine block close to block heater that said A2300N4 on my 2019 T474.

/ EU certification of stage 5 Tym T475
Discovered on a label on engine block close to block heater that said A2300N4 on my 2019 T474.

You are lucky TymNorsky, you paid for tier 4 and got stage 5. Good deal !! :)

Last edited: