Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,331  
Protectionism has morphed over the years. There are things that should be classified as strategic to our nation's well being. When a communist gov't uses it's full power over it's people, and keeps their wages down purposefully, we don't have much of a choice here, to be able to compete.

That's not to say I don't buy some of their goods. But buying American is better to pump up our own mfg economy, which has been the backbone of our nation for over a hundred years. So much talent has passed away, that I don't know how our country is going to transfer knowledge to our young people. It won't be easy. Ball bearings come to mind. Do we even have a company making the smaller ones here now? Can we really tell where they are made?

I would buy an everlast, if I needed one.

IIRC, the previous post, the guy wanted to mig weld 1/2" material. That is a substantial thickness. Very top end of mig welders available. I know a Miller 252 in that zone would cost well over $4000. Can an inverter style do this? What duty cycle if so?
Recalling a comment in some EL documentation (which, except for a tendency toward missing words, out there grammar and other typos, is very detailed and helpful), welding more than 0.25 inch stock in one pass is NOT recommended. I am too new to welding to know why but it makes sense.

Last edited:
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,333  
Weldpro is the same company that does Eastwood, PrimeWeld and a couple of others. I think they are trying to masquerade as a US company but is controlled and owned out of China fully iirc.
WeldPro is the "House generic" for Arc3 in their stores up and down the East Coast, including Richmond VA; I do not sense any enthusiasm from store salespeople there for that line. I'll show your statement about common mfg origin to PW via a contact I made there.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,334  
Arly, just look for a 25 DINSE extension cable, you can get about any length you want - then you would just plug the extension into the welder, and the 5' ground cable into the extension. Everlast also lists a longer 1 piece,

but I personally hate pretty much ALL OEM ground clamps, I replaced all 5 of my welders' ground clamps with 400 amp bronze connectors... Steve

(You don't need a 400 amp connector for smaller welders, but you probably WILL need the ability to clamp onto larger than 1" stuff)
Those bronze guys are about $15 at Horrible Frt, I think. I'll offer this new guy observation from comments I have gleaned from those experienced in such matters: Cleaning the ground clamp connection area (electricity turns into heat where it meets dirt, meaning less goes to welding or plasma cutting) and clamping as close to the work as possible means as much as anything.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
#1,335  
Late to the thread, but Costco will by policy refund the difference if an item goes on sale within a certain period of time after you buy. In fact, with Costco's return policy, you can usually, if you have the you know what's for it, get it taken care of for a long period after that.
Everlast, and every other welder company isn't Costco. That is not an industry accepted practice in this industry. Nor is a sustainable one.

#1,336  
I hope Mark L & EL took note of the poster from back a few years who received a DOA/defective (air leak I think) who was told to return it for service. Not the way to do it. Ship out a new one. Apparently DIY (which I like) would not work due to where the leaking connector was.

I'll add that every company/seller has problems at some point. It really comes down to how they handle them upon discovery/reporting by the customer. Primeweld sets a standard for service from comments I have read, but EL has really nice machines with cutting edge tech, for sure. And we have Mark's phone # 🤫
Well I know Prime weld's former service advisor. I repeat "former" is a purposeful wording. He left for some clear reasons. I'll leave it at that.
But I think long term sustainability is the question Prime weld has yet to answer as an upstart. They've promised a lot they didn't deliver on in the way of new TIGs.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,337  
@Mark @ Everlast
On the PowerArc 300STI, what size are the quick connects for the leads? Looking to extend my leads and want to make sure I get the right ones.

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,338  
From this page

• Stick electrode holder with 35 series DINSE-style connector
  • Work Clamp with 35 series DINSE-style connector
(Just in case Mark's at his usual level of "business" :eek: ... Steve

#1,339  
Yes, sorry. I've been working gardens on the weekends and late evenings. But BukitCase is correct. But that is the Canadian site, not the USA one if that is of concern. In case you weren't aware, you can simply reuse the old connectors. They use a set screw to hold the cable in.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #1,340  
Yes, sorry. I've been working gardens on the weekends and late evenings. But BukitCase is correct. But that is the Canadian site, not the USA one if that is of concern. In case you weren't aware, you can simply reuse the old connectors. They use a set screw to hold the cable in.
Thanks @BukitCase and Mark.
I plan to make up a set of "extension" leads that I can connect my current leads onto the end of.

Aaron Z