Everyone know what this implement is used for?

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
My cattle love mine!! Ken Sweet

Attachments

• dirtdogbaleunroller.jpg
    dirtdogbaleunroller.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 364
   / Everyone know what this implement is used for? #2  
Pick up hay bales or trash containers.

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #3  
Yes, but around here you usually see those mounted in the bed of a larger truck. Don't know what everyone calls this item - they are used to hold and unroll(dispense)a round bale of hay. I would guess that many folks have never seen this item because the farmers in many areas do not harvest hay into round bales.
And honestly, your cattle could care less about this implement - just that you use it to bring and dispense the hay they like so much.

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #4  
hay bale unroller

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #5  
we have called them round bale unwinders. but unroller/unwinder, same idea.

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #6  
You don't need one of those to unroll round bales. I remember watching the ranch hand at the WVU equestrian center when she was competing between colleges. They simply took a round bale to the top of a hill (with cows flowing) cut the binding and let the bale roll down the hill! It was the funniest thing I had ever seen as the cows chased that roll down the hill!:laughing: Of course if they would have just stayed at the top they could have started eating and kept eating till they got to the bottom, such is the reasoning of a cow!

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #7  
It was the funniest thing I had ever seen as the cows chased that roll down the hill!:laughing: Of course if they would have just stayed at the top they could have started eating and kept eating till they got to the bottom, such is the reasoning of a cow!

ROFL!

reasoning of a cow: the definition of oxymoron

Terry

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for?
You don't need one of those to unroll round bales. I remember watching the ranch hand at the WVU equestrian center when she was competing between colleges. They simply took a round bale to the top of a hill (with cows flowing) cut the binding and let the bale roll down the hill! It was the funniest thing I had ever seen as the cows chased that roll down the hill!:laughing: Of course if they would have just stayed at the top they could have started eating and kept eating till they got to the bottom, such is the reasoning of a cow!

A neighbor was using that same un-rolling method and he killed 2 small calves. Ken Sweet

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #9  
We have one on our farm and would not be without one. It unrolls the hay evenly, giving all of the cows a chnce at the hay.

/ Everyone know what this implement is used for? #10  
There are alternatives!:thumbsup:

The view may be upside down.:eek:

image.jpg

image.jpg