Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #2,151  
Hope this helps someone else:

I just spoke to a couple of brokerages to figure this out. It looks like the grapple is duty-free because it is made in the US. So just the payment of taxes (based on Canadian dollar value) for the province of delivery, $50 brokerage fee (taxable), $13.62 disbursement fee. EA is asking $150 shipping which seems pretty fair given the bulk/weight.

So in my case, shipping to the maritimes on a $2000USD grapple:
Canadian value (today) is $2470CAD
Taxes and brokerages fees mentioned aove will be roughly $450
Visa will add 2.5% for USD purchase: $75.
So the landed cost will be roughly $3000CAD.

oh, ****, forgot I have to add $75USD to that equation for the flat-face couplers.

The only place I have been really able to find any cheaper than that for the long-bottom style is on Ritchie Brothers (around $1500CAD plus the 10% Ritchie-Brothers tax, plus 15% HST). My understanding is that they are Chinese imports, and they didn't really have any specs on weight at all. Dealers for various other brands were all basically $3k and up. So I think the landed cost is reasonable, just need to decide if I can justify the expenditure right now.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else.

edit: came back to add that dealing with Travis at EA has been great. He has been very patient with my questions, and at this point I feel like I owe him the purchase. :)

Last edited:
   / Everything Attachments #2,152  
Be prepared to wait a LOOOOONG time.

I've been waiting over 16 weeks for my Wicked 55 root grapple, and they still can not give me an estimated ship date.

/ Everything Attachments #2,153  
I ordered a grapple about a month back and the build estimate on my invoice is “12-14 weeks or so”.

/ Everything Attachments #2,154  
We're doing all we can here, man. Material sourcing has been rough, and was totally not predictable when you, and others placed their orders weeks ago. We are always an email or phone call away if anyone wants to know where they stand in line. We will continue to do all we can to get orders pushed out.

The latest vid with Ted talks about the challenge, and the Wickederr grapple you'll be receiving, in case you haven't seen it..
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #2,155  
Hope this helps someone else:

I just spoke to a couple of brokerages to figure this out. It looks like the grapple is duty-free because it is made in the US. So just the payment of taxes (based on Canadian dollar value) for the province of delivery, $50 brokerage fee (taxable), $13.62 disbursement fee. EA is asking $150 shipping which seems pretty fair given the bulk/weight.

So in my case, shipping to the maritimes on a $2000USD grapple:
Canadian value (today) is $2470CAD
Taxes and brokerages fees mentioned aove will be roughly $450
Visa will add 2.5% for USD purchase: $75.
So the landed cost will be roughly $3000CAD.

oh, ****, forgot I have to add $75USD to that equation for the flat-face couplers.

The only place I have been really able to find any cheaper than that for the long-bottom style is on Ritchie Brothers (around $1500CAD plus the 10% Ritchie-Brothers tax, plus 15% HST). My understanding is that they are Chinese imports, and they didn't really have any specs on weight at all. Dealers for various other brands were all basically $3k and up. So I think the landed cost is reasonable, just need to decide if I can justify the expenditure right now.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else.

edit: came back to add that dealing with Travis at EA has been great. He has been very patient with my questions, and at this point I feel like I owe him the purchase. :)
You will love anything that you buy from EA.
They make ONLY quality stuff.

Too bad you didn't make your decision earlier.
I sold my place in Shelburne just two years ago, and brought my 14K 20' equipment trailer with tractor up every Summer, on the either CAT, or Digby ferry.
EA ships free to me, and I could have brought it to you for free.
No tax, brokerage, or duty either.

/ Everything Attachments #2,156  
You will love anything that you buy from EA.
They make ONLY quality stuff.

Too bad you didn't make your decision earlier.
I sold my place in Shelburne just two years ago, and brought my 14K 20' equipment trailer with tractor up every Summer, on the either CAT, or Digby ferry.
EA ships free to me, and I could have brought it to you for free.
No tax, brokerage, or duty either.
Oh, man that would have been great. For future reference, do you still come up at all?

/ Everything Attachments #2,157  
EA should send out weekly update emails to customers. Maybe some computer whiz could automate it somehow. It is crazy times we are living in with the material and labor shortages but I think most people really just want to know what is going on and don’t want to always be calling, emailing and nagging. I ordered a LPGS and wicked tooth bar back in April. I was told several months on the LPGS so it isn’t overdue yet but I was told five weeks on the tooth bar and it has been ten weeks.

I ordered a custom leather holster for my handgun and it is a several month wait. The maker sends out an email every Friday with an update. It is a brief email but describes where things are in the process and how much longer the anticipated wait is. I think it is super cool and look forward to the weekly emails.

I fully understand many delays are beyond various manufacturer’s control right now but there are things that can be done on the customer service side to make people feel better about it. It makes a lot of difference in my mind.

/ Everything Attachments #2,158  
Oh, man that would have been great. For future reference, do you still come up at all?
I have not been back because the border has been, and still is, closed.
I have many friends in the Shelburne area, and am hoping that I can get there yet this Summer......if the border opens.
Of course the Cat is still shut down, but St. John-Digby is running on an abbreviated schedule.
At 80, I prefer to not drive around.

/ Everything Attachments #2,159  
EA should send out weekly update emails to customers. Maybe some computer whiz could automate it somehow. It is crazy times we are living in with the material and labor shortages but I think most people really just want to know what is going on and don’t want to always be calling, emailing and nagging. I ordered a LPGS and wicked tooth bar back in April. I was told several months on the LPGS so it isn’t overdue yet but I was told five weeks on the tooth bar and it has been ten weeks.

I ordered a custom leather holster for my handgun and it is a several month wait. The maker sends out an email every Friday with an update. It is a brief email but describes where things are in the process and how much longer the anticipated wait is. I think it is super cool and look forward to the weekly emails.

I fully understand many delays are beyond various manufacturer’s control right now but there are things that can be done on the customer service side to make people feel better about it. It makes a lot of difference in my mind.
Yeah, it has been rough, so many things are behind.

It's hard to predict status with a person analyzing it, and the thought of a whiz telling a computer how to automate/predict something is very scary.

Yeah, and when 1000+ inaccurate updates go out, guys will get even madder.

I've also considered that sending 1000+ emails could very well result in 1000+ replies, and/or phone calls to discuss.

We'll continue to do the best we can, and are totally accessible via phone, email, tbn, facebook, youtube, etc, whenever someone needs anything.

Thank you for your patience.

Travis

/ Everything Attachments #2,160  
While I understand your concerns I still think something is doable. If you continuously have 1,000 open orders it might warrant hiring someone full time just to update people. Five days in a week they could update 200 people a day and everyone would get updated once a week. Or maybe hire someone part time and update biweekly.

As to the computer I wasn’t thinking it should be predicting delivery times it could just be used to parse the data. For example an update could look something like this with the numerical data auto populated by the computer.

“Hello Bob this is EA with your weekly update on your wicked grapple. We were waiting on Hardox from our supplier but it arrived last week and our CNC machines cut out 864 tines. We anticipate welding them up and shipping out 24 grapples this week. There are currently 287 orders for grapples in front of you. Thank you for your patience and we are doing the best we can in these times and will update you again next week”

I know this type of thing doesn’t directly bring in revenue like spending money on advertising, salesman, or welders but to me it is a necessary evil of running a larger company. I am sure a percentage of your customers don’t care but there is also a percentage who will be upset and won’t be repeat customers. I am trending towards the latter category.

It really doesn’t matter how awesome your product is if I pay in full up front and and am given a delivery estimate and it goes way past that and I am not told what is going on it doesn’t leave a good taste in my mouth. Almost feels like tough sheet we have your money you will get it when you get it. On the other hand if I am frequently updated, even if delivery goes beyond estimated, it is much more palatable.

Bottom line is it is your company run it how you want. You may have a big enough fan base that you don’t care if you alienate some customers. The general consensus is your products are the best and EA goes above and beyond in testing and designing things to make them the best. It would take the company to the next level if that same push for excellence was there on keeping customers informed on their orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.