Excellent crop of tires this year...

/ Excellent crop of tires this year... #11  
My previous property had several hundred or maybe even a thousand cans of Faultless Spray Starch on the next door neighbors property and literally thousands of bottles of soda mixers and wine and whiskey bottles.

So it was on the next door neighbors right? Why should I care? Well when the flood of 92 came, most of the cans and a lot the bottles (all with the caps screwed back on) washed over to my property. Yeah great. So I wound up disposing of them in a big depression in the ground that was full of trash from the previous owners of my property. It all got covered in dirt and leveled out with topsoil and I planted it in grass. Looked like a park when I got done with it.

It took a lot of diesel fuel in my Long 2360 tractor and a lot of time.
I built a brick BBQ Grill, laid down a gravel pad and a picnic table and called it good. We had a lot of fun down there under the shade of a couple large trees.

Then later a friend and the wife and I went over on the neighbors property and brought several boxes of bird-shot, shotguns and a .22 rifle with a brick of ammo and preceded to ventilate and smash every can and bottle left on the neighbors we could see. We didn't have any problems after that. Life was good. The neighbor had at one time owned a bar and apparently took every empty bottle home and dumped them on their property. I have no idea about the Faultless Spray Starch cans.

/ Excellent crop of tires this year... #12  
Here's some moonshine "cans" for ya... we had 6 of these I pulled out of the woods last year.
Maybe could have put those submarines on Craigs list for local pickup. But might have attracted some unwanted attention from the BATF. :)

/ Excellent crop of tires this year...
Maybe could have put those submarines on Craigs list for local pickup. But might have attracted some unwanted attention from the BATF. :)
Story is back in the 90's this was the site of the biggest moonshine bust in the county's history. That's saying a lot for this area... Anyways... they were in pretty rough shape. The first pic is of the pig barn where they used to cook the liquor under the overhang on the right. The second pic is where I have cleaned it up during the last year. I removed that overhang...

Attachments

• piggery 1.jpg
    piggery 1.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 179
  • piggery2.jpg
    piggery2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
   / Excellent crop of tires this year... #14  
Got it looking good , heck of a lot of work. I like the looks of the countryside , what state is this property?

/ Excellent crop of tires this year... #17  
Nice job on the "pig barn" looks like a good building, or at least a good starting point. A straight ridgeline is a good sign.

Nice job on the "pig barn" looks like a good building, or at least a good starting point. A straight ridgeline is a good sign.
Right now I just wanted it cleaned up for critters. I have no idea what I will end up doing with it.

/ Excellent crop of tires this year... #19  
Some of their relatives must have lived here. We had a similar issue here. The people that lived here would go to the county dumpsters and bring back all the junk people dumped - tires, metal, junk. We have spent countless hours trying to clean it up. Must be a Virginia "thing".

Some of their relatives must have lived here. We had a similar issue here. The people that lived here would go to the county dumpsters and bring back all the junk people dumped - tires, metal, junk. We have spent countless hours trying to clean it up. Must be a Virginia "thing".
Boydton is a nice area. We looked at a few places along the lake and north of Chase City.