EXCESSIVE FUEL USE

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Trying to help a friend out, all of a sudden his tractor is using almost 2 x the fuel it normally uses,his tractor is a Kubota B9200hst-d(about 15 years old) engine is Kubota V1200-A 4 cyl. we checked all over and there are no fuel leaks. what would cauase that? also as i posted in another thread , trying to tun down a Service manual for that engine but can't find one. ebay has some but they are for differnt engines. any ideas on either the cause of usage or where can i get a manual?

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #2  
Check the oil level to see if it is making oil from a possible stuck injector.

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #3  
Exceesive smoke? Check oil level for overfull.

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #4  
Neighbor's kid is sneaking over in the night with a syphon hose.
Farwell

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #5  
Frank,

Tractorsmart lists one on their website. Probably any Kubota dealer can get it. The part # is 97897-10131. The service manual for my B6100 covers the engine too but you may want to check for the 9200. Price listed is $74.45!

good luck,

Rodger

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #6  
Good idea farwell. I would expect to see exhaust emmisions from the rich burn. Some smoke of some color. If not, the energy made by the fuel burning is going somewhere, is it running hot? Is it laboring at idle?

Maybe disengage the parking brake? And kick the kid with the siphon tube.

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE
He says the oil is where it should be, and it is not running hot, also he says it is ideling faster than normal. will have to ask him about the brake tho.

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #8  
Faster idle must mean more fuel being dumped in a diesel. Maybe a leaky injector constantly peeing fuel. First check the easy stuff, like a plugged air filter and that dang pbrake.

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE
was gone for the last day and have not had a chance to tlk to my friend. But he has found no leaks, oil is where it is supposed to be, air cleaner is clean, and no smoke of any color during operation, really need to see if it is the PARKING brake on, as someone else said that energy is going somewhere.

/ EXCESSIVE FUEL USE #10  
I know it was probably in jest, but if the tractor is stored "out of sight" I would investigate the siphon hose angle. We have had fuel stolen regularly around here since the price of diesel sky rocketed. And people don't care what color it is either, as long as it burns.