Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports?

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports? #1  

Millalien

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 (2008)
I’m planning to add a 3 pt cement mixer to a 3320. The rear hydraulics are rigged for my 448 BH - frame mount and I disconnect the rock shaft to connect the BH - there’s not a separate SCV on that circuit and if I add a rear valve I’d lose the rock shaft anyway, so it seems like I need a separate set of valved ports in the rear.

I have a 3rd SCV installed on the operating platform already for a *front* mounted grapple bucket with quick disconnects on the loader arms. It occurs to me that I could run a couple of hydraulic hoses from the front to the rear for the cement mixer top link and call it good; manually detaching them when the grapple is in use and of course rigging those in a neat and tidy fashion as a permanent install. The 3rd SCV is perfect for the top link and this arrangement would keep the rock shaft operative as well as giving me top link control.

Can anyone think of a better (meaning easier) way to add rear valve controls given my current set-up?

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports? #2  
I have the lines on the third function on my loader valve going to a Tee so that the rear remote is the same as the loader auxillary. It is not ideal, as you can only leave one implement hooked up at a time, however it lets me have a rear remote. Better way would be to put a power beyond port in the valve if you can and run a second valve, however that is expensive and requires lots of work.

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports? #3  
I also "T"ed my loader third function lines to the rear and installed quick couplers, just incase they are needed.

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports? #4  
Longer hoses is indeed your cheapest and easiest solution.

You can go to the trouble of using the backhoe PB loop to feed a rear remote SCV. Then you would need to add a 3rd return hose for said valve.

You would then need to make you backhoe hook up to the remote SCV whenever you need that. And you would STILL need two hoses to connect the rear remotes to the mixer. So lots of pieces and parts and adapters to make everything work again and all you save is ~10ft x 2 for hoses.

Hydraulic hose is relatively cheap. less than $3/foot. Its the ends and adapters that get expensive.

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports?
I have the lines on the third function on my loader valve going to a Tee so that the rear remote is the same as the loader auxillary. It is not ideal, as you can only leave one implement hooked up at a time, however it lets me have a rear remote. Better way would be to put a power beyond port in the valve if you can and run a second valve, however that is expensive and requires lots of work.
That’s kind of where I’m at … I have the PB for the BH but want to avoid building onto that.

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports? #6  
That’s kind of where I’m at … I have the PB for the BH but want to avoid building onto that.
Its not hard to build onto that if you wanted rear remotes.

To install a rear SCV you need THREE hoses to plumb a new valve. You need a supply, a PB that continues on to feed 3PH, and a return to tank line.

Having the backhoe PB loop already gives you the supply and PB hoses. You only need to add a return to tank line....then the two work port hoses going to your rear couplers.

Then you simply swap the ends on the backhoe to be able to plug into your new rear remotes.

Either a bungee cord, mechanical lever, or a detent valve for the new rear SCV to keep it activated while running the backhoe.

Since all you want to do is occasionally run a mixer....then the easiest is definitely longer hoses from your front.

But if you were already considering rear remotes for other attachments or a TNT kit....the backhoe loop gets you a good start to work from.

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports?
The way the rear PB is set-up now disconnects the rock shaft return when the BH is connected and that’s where the trouble starts with adapting the rear PB for the mixer - as LD1 points out in other words, by the time I’m done adding valve’s and hoses to the PB, I would have spent more time and money than just adding a could of extensions for the the same exact outcome of being able to tip the mixer hydraulically.

Thanks everyone!

/ Extension hoses to relocate hydraulic ports? #8  
The way the rear PB is set-up now disconnects the rock shaft return when the BH is connected and that’s where the trouble starts with adapting the rear PB for the mixer - as LD1 points out in other words, by the time I’m done adding valve’s and hoses to the PB, I would have spent more time and money than just adding a could of extensions for the the same exact outcome of being able to tip the mixer hydraulically.

Thanks everyone!
Yup.

Only if you had other uses for rear hydraulics would it then make sense.

But for one occasional use attachment such as a mixer....which you aint gonna be operating at the same time as the grapple anyway.....long hoses are the answer.