Comparison Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified?

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #1  

arcadelt

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
I'm in Australia and have been looking at a compact tractor package for some months now, that includes a cab, front end loader and backhoe, plus the options that might even up the offerings. Based purely on which companies could provide what I was after, I narrowed my shortlist down to a John Deere 3045R, New Holland Boomer 50 and Kioti CK4220. I'm about to make the final decision, but before I do I'd just like to ask the brains trust here if there is any circumstance where the 3045R package could be justifiably AU$22500 better than the Boomer 50 and a whopping AU$29000 better than the CK4220?

Is a JD that much more capable, or long lived...or anything else that I am missing?

Last edited:
   / Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #2  
The only way you could justify it is if you had some strange disease that wouldn't let you drive a blue or orange tractor.:drink:

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified?
The only way you could justify it is if you had some strange disease that wouldn't let you drive a blue or orange tractor.:drink:

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #4  
The JD would be a really nice tractor, it is your money, but I would have a hard time paying that much more. Must be an Australian thing, there would be a difference here but not that much. Are all three you listed cab tractors?

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #5  
The price of that green paint is really going up?

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #7  
Yikes, thats a $20,000usd difference! Maybe partially something to do with import costs/tariffs/taxes on the JD? Can't imagine its worth that much more myself, but i don't have any experience with those models.

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #8  
The price of that green paint is really going up?

I got quoted $32,000 for TLB package with the 3032e. Insane when I got an LS 35hp for 22,900 for the same package. Both open station, non-cab tractors.

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #9  
Do not know if LS is available but it is worth looking at. I went through the same process last year. Green and Orange are not wise investments IMHO if you are using the tractor less than 250 hours a year. Even if they are better, and they may not be, the premium cannot be justified.

I bought a 4000 lb, 40 HP tractor, for the price of a BX2650. My buddy bought the BX and regretted it after seeing my Smurfmobile.

Do not know if LS is available but it is worth looking at. I went through the same process last year. Green and Orange are not wise investments IMHO if you are using the tractor less than 250 hours a year.

I assume you mean Kubota orange, rather than Kioti orange? Anyway, it looks like LS is not a brand that sells into Australia, and I guess that makes sense in a small market where their product is already represented by New Holland.