Factory front tires on 1025R

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #1  

Jims1025R

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R, John Deere 15 Mini ex, Polaris 700 6x6 Ranger & Airplane
So a bit of a rant, my JD 1025R is not quite two years old from brand new, with a factory loader on it. 240 hours total time. Yes, I used the loader, that's what I bought it for! Both front tire sidewalls are trashed, one burst. The John Deere dealer wants CDN$340 per tire! Why would I spend $700 to replace two tires which lasted less than two years!?! When I speak to the local tire guy (who was recommended by the John Deere dealer), his first question: 'Got a loader on it?", Yes, that's what I bought it for! "You'll need better tires." Yes, I'm figuring that out now....

Any recommendations? I don't mind spending the money, as long as I get the value! My previous JD 650 (lost in a fire after 25 years of ownership) had the front tires last more than 15 years with no problem, using the same loader implements, so I know it can be done!

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #2  
Sorry to hear about your failures. I don't have an answer. But I'm sure someone will chime in with some excellent advice. Update us with your end result.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #3  
Only 2 years and 240 hrs and your two front tires are trashed?

Sounds like defective tires.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #4  
I'd lay trust on the local tire guy who spoke up and said "You'll need better tires". Tires with better ply rating and will accept higher pressures for FEL use might be in order.

But, a 1025R is not the same as a JD 650. It's a more mechanized, glorified wheelbarrow, not much more.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #5  
I'd lay trust on the local tire guy who spoke up and said "You'll need better tires". Tires with better ply rating and will accept higher pressures for FEL use might be in order.

But, a 1025R is not the same as a JD 650. It's a more mechanized, glorified wheelbarrow, not much more.
Compares in size to my old JD2210. I wouldn't try to use an FEL on it. And if I did, would certainly need better front tires.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #6  
The China made tires have a reputation of being disappointing. Read the new warning labels on the sidewalls about using chemical cleaners on them (don't do it). I picked up a thorn from a crab apple or honeysuckle on one of my fronts. I already had put a tube in it because the bead area leaked slightly. Used rubber cement with a traditional patch. After 5 minutes, I had a quarter sized hole in the tube because the cement dissolved the 'rubber?'. Read the Amazon ratings on these things. Bursts, leaks, bulges, blowouts. Good thing I saved my USA made Firestones from 30 years ago. I hope they use the same stuff in their aircraft carriers, jets, and submarines (that we paid for with our jobs), 'cause if not, we will be screwed royal within 2 years.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R
"But, a 1025R is not the same as a JD 650. It's a more mechanized, glorified wheelbarrow, not much more."

Yeah, I know, but it was the easiest replacement I could find in a hurry. The only thing more sad than dropping my JD650 into the dumpster bin with the excavator after the fire, was dumping the remains of the Cessna I'd owned for 35 years, which was in the same hangar.

I'm researching tires this morning, it's just really disappointing that I buy a quality JD tractor, use it the way it was sold to me, and the tires are junk so early. I would have paid more for better tires when I bought it had the JD dealer told me that what JD was selling was not as good as I should expect!

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #8  
The only thing more sad than dropping my JD650 into the dumpster bin with the excavator after the fire,
I still clearly remember the feeling of hauling my burned Kubota B2910 to the scrap yard after my fire. My most favorite Kubota of all.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #9  
A 1025r with an end loader is fine. I‘d get a pair of industrial tires but you may have to match the backs with them. That’s assuming you had turfs to start with. I had a Kubota BX that had similar sized tires on the front and when I did end loader work I found it was very important to air them up.

/ Factory front tires on 1025R #10  
6 or 8 ply, and aired up a bit beyond the factory specs, should do fine.