Failure to yeild.....

/ Failure to yeild..... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
What could have done this to a Dakota????????

Attachments

• 710318-RFDamboMVC03 (480 x 360).jpg
    710318-RFDamboMVC03 (480 x 360).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,094
   / Failure to yeild.....
It might have been on the way to a tractor accident........

Attachments

• 710320-RFDamboMVC04 (480 x 360).jpg
    710320-RFDamboMVC04 (480 x 360).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 854
   / Failure to yeild.....
The next time that you hear the wail of the siren, make sure you give them the room that they need..

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20, 2005: Rockford, Illinois

Fire Department Paramedic Ambulance "Charlie 28" encountered a citizen failing to yield to an emergency vehicle at the intersection of Charles Street and Peter Avenue.

Attachments

• 710321-RFDamboMVC01 (600 x 450).jpg
    710321-RFDamboMVC01 (600 x 450).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 755
   / Failure to yeild..... #4  
That may mess up someone already in the ambulance too.

I hear the radios and amplifiers in some of these cars these days, and there is no way they are likely to hear the ambulance sirens. No way.

I'm not for telling them they can't have those things, but would like to find a small rink where they can play their music and ride around in circles only with others doing the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That looked like quite a jolt to do that much damage.

/ Failure to yeild..... #5  
Hey Junk,

Don't want to hi-jack your thread but it's related.

I have an old Whistler radar detector that has the capability to recognize and display "construction", "emergency"... Rarily has it ever displayed these.
With all the high tech stuff we have nowadays, why hasn't this technology grabbed hold? Emergency vehicles should all have transmitters, the construction signs should emit a signal (instead of or in addition to telling me the speed of everyone around) and cars should have something to recognize and display something to the driver. Heck, the GPS in cars could tell you exactly where it is.

Brian

/ Failure to yeild..... #6  
Junkman-

Don't get me started on this one! Depending on the call, I would say that a majority of the time I am in an emergency vehicle (medic unit, engine, resuce unit, etc) going with lights and siren, someone either fails to yield or freaks out. People are always quick to blame younger drivers but it is everybody, elderly, moms with young kids in the car, construction guys, etc. To add salt to the wound, our chief told us that some pedestrians walking downtown complained that they were scared by the loud siren and thought it was unnecessary to use the siren in that area. "Be aware of pedestrians when using your siren, air horn, etc." he said. Go figure.

Bonehead

/ Failure to yeild..... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hear the radios and amplifiers in some of these cars these days, and there is no way they are likely to hear the ambulance sirens. No way. )</font>

Oh, you mean those idiots that you can hear a 1/2 mile away?
Yep, no way to hear....anything! Even after turning it off for awhile, got to strain to hear that jet engine you're standing next to!
Really there should be an ordinance (but, of course how you gonna enforce it?) And, that gets back to legislating common sense.

I wonder what's in the Bubba Keg? Maybe IT shouyld have a breathalizer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Failure to yeild..... #9  
<font color="red"> Rescue the BubbaKeg!
</font>

That there's funny, I don't care who ya are!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Failure to yeild..... #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Really there should be an ordinance (but, of course how you gonna enforce it?))</font>

There's places all over the country that have ordinances for volume a stereo in a car. Many are set whereby it's a violation if the stereo can be heard (or felt for those mega-bass systems) more than 50 feet from the vehicle.