Fair price for this disc ?

/ Fair price for this disc ? #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
Looking at what I think is a Rome TPS8 .... Whats a fair price for it? Will need all disc replaced for sure. I have enough off a old disc to put on it so wont cost any for that.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 192
   / Fair price for this disc ? #2  
What's wrong with the disks? They dig in better when they have notches. :)

You don't indicate where you are but around here something like that would go for no more than $100 from an individual. About $10-15 from a salvage yard. But then again, we don't have many urban gardeners around here. I've got two 4-gang and an 8-gang Case I picked up from a salvage yard. Paid less than $50 for the lot.

/ Fair price for this disc ?
Hard to tell in pic but the blades have about 20-30% of them worn off. Dont see any disk at the prices you mention around here. A small light 5 ft angle framed disk around here on CL are usually $300-500. Im in central Alabama.

Not much farming in our area. Was looking at this disc for hunting plots. .With its size I can put it in FEL and with bush hog on 3pt haul it all on my 18 ft BP trailer. With current disc to do that Id have to use gooseneck. One of the other members has a disc like this with 20- 22" blades and it cuts ground way better than my heavier 8 ft standard disc does with twice as many disc. This one looks like it probably had 18's on it, possibly 20''s.

/ Fair price for this disc ? #5  
I would have to agree with the "Bog Harrow" name. Rome is known for manufacturing heavy duty land breaking machinery, that photo certainly doesn't strike me as a light weight garden tiller. that looks like it is built for breaking. I think most of the Rome products do fetch a premium price because of their history of durability.

Cheers

Roger