Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #61  

Hmm... interesting.
Your point should be well taken.

The original question is so open ended and directed to a targeted group with so many variables that it is borderline insanity to try and draw any type of conclusion.

The question alone does not make the OP a troll.

People who make the darwin award are rarely farmers though, and although I'm not certain about the differences between intelligence and common sense, many farmers are far from stupid and most most likley a higher avererage IQ level IMO if they can make farming work.

Last edited:
   / Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #62  
The whole premise is absurd. Farming is surrounded by animals, machinery, heavy lifting, chemicals, etc. a perfect place for even Einstein to get kicked in the nutz or gored by a Brahma bull, or to tip over a tractor on a grade or get his hand in a corn sheller. I have worked with doctors, lawyers, PhD chemists and engineers; ex cons, school drop outs, city kids, country boys, etc. and I have seen PhD's that could destroy a laboratory or a piece of machinery in a New York minute; and I have seen the result of a laboratory accident which nearly burned to death a Master's level Chemist.

Not much chance of getting your pants leg in a PTO if you're working in an office sitting at a desk; although I did know a secretary who poked herself in the eye with a pencil.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #63  
Very appropriate!

Testing scores, especially standardized testing, are dependent on the environment and culture. Have a kid in Colorado describe a tunnel compared to a kid in Florida describe a tunnel. You'll get a much better description from one who has seen and/or experienced it.
Many years ago, at a school in the southwest desert area, I gave a standardized test to 3rd grade students.

One question showed a kite and a sled. The question asked "Which one do you play with in the winter?" "Kite" was right for the region but wrong on the test.

Another showed a tree and a burrow. "Which one does a squirrel live in?" That region had ground squirrels but no tree squirrels. "Burrow" was right for the region but the wrong answer for the test.

Bruce

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #64  
As long as we are on the topic of accidents, here is a list of the top 25 most dangerous occupations from 2018 data. Farmers were #8, and agricultural workers also made the list as a separate category. The list shifts a few places from year to year. Logging was #1 on this list. I have seen other lists were commercial fishing was #1. I guess deaths vary by chance. Garbage collectors are always high. I have seen police work as high as #17, but this list has them at #22. It's interesting that over twice as many farmers died on the job as cops in 2018.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #66  
These falls under the heading of "wrong choices". Wrong choices can be based on low IQ level or emotional origin. Wrong choices due to low IQ are the result of slow analysis of data. Emotionally based wrong choices occur as a result of the person completely surrendering to the dominant emotion and ignoring the right choice despite knowing it. There is also a negative correlation between physical size and IQ levels, soo bigger in size means more mental retardation. These kind of people tend to solve problems using more physical force than using their brains. I personally know some people around me that starts kicking it or punching it when they cant open a soda bottle or cant close a door properly. European people and Europe immigrant US people come to the forefront in terms of larger physical size compared to other ethnics like as Asians or Middle Easterners. This should be taken into account in the distribution of duties in workplaces. They should be trained well and they should be run with a reward system if possible.
What’s it called when the storm clouds are closing in and the hay baler is broken and it’s 100* and humid? ”low IQ” or high IQ for that matter, doesn’t matter.
It’s dedication to getting the job done, food grown to sustain life, and yeah make a living.
Bigger in size means more “mental retardation”? Are you serious? That’s such an amazingly callous claim. Sounds like something out of a Third Reich propaganda book.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #67  
Could be farms have more accidents because of kids pretending to be farmers and thinking they are smarter than the older guys who actually know. Just a thought.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices
My chances of getting into an accident on the farm are much lower than many of you. Because I am soo coward. So I calculate every possibility down to the smallest detail. I wont go into the manure pit even if you beg me or I wont stand behind a tractor to check some cables or I wont wander among the cattle. Bigger size, lower IQ. Smaller size higher IQ.

Could be farms have more accidents because of kids pretending to be farmers and thinking they are smarter than the older guys who actually know. Just a thought.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #69  
My chances of getting into an accident on the farm are much lower than many of you. Because I am soo coward. So I calculate every possibility down to the smallest detail. I wont go into the manure pit even if you beg me or I wont stand behind a tractor to check some cables or I wont wander among the cattle. Bigger size, lower IQ. Smaller size higher IQ.

I agree with you.

You are a coward.

MoKelly

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #70  
Yes, I am sure that will keep you from any accidents ! The Cattle will be better off as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.