Farm King Snow Blowers?

/ Farm King Snow Blowers? #1  

MiserableOldFart

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
Anyone with experience with Farm King snowblowers? I'm considering a 3 pt. blower for my NH TC 26DA and the "local" (25 miles) dealer carries them. The price is reasonable, but I haven't taken the ride (50 miles because they aren't at the 25 mile location) to see them. Anyone know where they are made? Will they stand up to the occasional rock?

These are "Allied by Farm King," not Farm King by Buhler.. Oh, after further review, it is indeed "Allied by Farm King division of Buhler."

Last edited:
   / Farm King Snow Blowers? #2  
We have been selling for many years with no customer complaints. The 50 inch is $1995 and the 60 inch is $2195. Shipping is cheap. Ken Sweet

/ Farm King Snow Blowers?
Just got mine today from the dealer. Looks well made. No time to really get it hooked up and find the shear pins and all, but I'll hopefully be ready for snow in a day or so. It'll be fine with me though if it doesn't snow all winter.

Do these chutes clog up easily? I wonder if it would be a good idea to wax or spray some of that Toro T- no stick stuff that doesn't work on my mowers..

/ Farm King Snow Blowers? #4  
My Y600 Farm King is very well made. I've only had the chance to use it last winter, as it hasn't snowed at all this winter... Yet!

Be that as it may, my first impressions were all good. It threw the snow quite far, about 20-30 ft. This was all late season snow, ice and some slush. The chute never plugged. I do keep a can of cooking spray in the garage which I use to coat the chute and auger areas. Don't know how much good it really does, but it costs me very little and hurts nothing, so why not?

As far as construction, all the steel is quite heavy, the welds are all good and the skid shoes are adjustable and replaceable. The chute rotates via a cable wrapped around a long crank shaft. Turns real easily. I'm working on mounting a windshield wiper motor so I can keep my hands inside the cab when I rotate the chute. I'll start a post on that project when it's ready.

Farm King products are manufactured in Morden, Manitoba, Canada; Fargo, North Dakota and Willmar, Minnesota, USA... Not China!

Hope this helps.

Joe

/ Farm King Snow Blowers? #5  
We up here in upstate have dodged the snow bullet for now but I'll bet it's a coming. For your chute use the old stand by Pam, or what myself and many others in this site use is Fluid Film, can be bought on e-bay, Great Product.
DevilDog

/ Farm King Snow Blowers? #6  
Good day, I have had an Allied/ Farm King 600 for 16 or more years on the rear of a MF, 2810HST Mahindra, and now its going to work with my Kioti DK35SE HST and loader. Last Feb. at the Syracuse Farm Show I bought a new on for $1600. I couldnt pass that deal! The first one kinda wore out. Each day in the winter when it snows it plowed over 2 miles of driveways, all of which are gravel. Yes i have replaced bearings, gears ect. but this machine gets used to the max. One storm it run 24 hours a day. Neighbors call my blower the "Snow blowin, stone throwing, rock crushing, driveway leveling, BEAST" , It's ate a couple of mailboxes, lots of rocks, mud, brush and lots of stuff thats not good for it thats barried beneath the white blanket. . After that many years of service (or abuse), its wore bad. I gave the old one to my uncle, there doing some work on it and they are going to use it this year.
The new one hasn't seen any snow but i'm still hoping and its still early.
Yea ! i'de buy another, there good machines. . . John :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    908.7 KB · Views: 2,555
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 1,816
  • My tractor 003.jpg
    My tractor 003.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 1,647
  • My tractor 007.jpg
    My tractor 007.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 866
   / Farm King Snow Blowers? #7  
I had an older model (maybe 6-7 years old) farmking 60" blower and it worked very well except for 2 issues that i had with it.

1. I'm not sure how current models are made, but mine had three, 1/2" diameter metal rods that supported the impeller arms. These bent fairly soon and i had to replace them with 3/4" rods. These held up for the life of the blower.

2. I had the tips of the auger flighting bend on both sides. I ended up welding 2 edge gussets and this really helped the problem.

Granted, i have lots of rocks that seam to grow during the winter. I clean up all the area before winter snows hit, but ^%$# if i don't suck up some boulder.

Attachments

• rotor fix.jpg
    rotor fix.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 1,115
   / Farm King Snow Blowers? #8  
I have a Farm King 72" on my Boomer 8N. It seems well built and works very well, the only complaint I have is with the cable wrapped on the spout to turn it. I have a hydraulic turning spout not manual and I have trouble with it pulling the cable thru the clamp if I turn it too fast. IMO a cheap method. Other than that I like the blower very much.

/ Farm King Snow Blowers? #9  
I just got my 740 this year and haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's hooked up and ready to go but so far we've had a 2" snowfall that melted by the next day and 2 or 3 snowfalls less than an inch each and they were all gone by the next day as well. From the forecast it doesn't look like I'll get to try it out till next year. It seems to be well built and doesn't seem to have any issues although I've only been able to test it "dry". We'll see how it does once the snow starts flying. I might get one of the impellor kits for it but figured I'd see how it did without one first- looks like I've got a 1/4"-5/16" max gap between the impellor and housing. I'm also waiting to see how my R4 tires do- if I find I need more traction I'll try grooving the tires first and if that doesn't work I guess I'll look at chains although I'm hoping I don't need them as I don't want to mess up the conrete in the garage. I'll post some more once I get a chance to use it. At least it I do need to make some changes I have a heated garage to put it in to work on so that will be nice.

tractor4.jpg

tractor3.jpg