Farm UTV/RTV Purchase

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #61  
where did you source that windshield ?
Canton Powersports in Canton, TX. They installed the AudioFormz roof and windshield at the same time. It clips on the rollcage. The lower part folds up so you can open the front compartment.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #62  
My biggest complaints on my Honda 1000-5 were that the roll cage covered the entire bed which made it harder to load and unload stuff. Also when it's hard to keep a slow and steady speed, and when you are putting around the heat from engine under the seat gets uncomfortable. The seats in the back are not comfy and when they're up you have zero bed space. Had tons of power though!
None of your complaints I had any issues with. I installed floor mat material under the front seat that keeps the heat down. We rarely use the back seats and when we do the kids know not to complain. ;)
I usually have back seats down but getting them up is at most about 60 seconds.
If you need slow and steady speed I would put it in manual mode.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #63  
None of your complaints I had any issues with. I installed floor mat material under the front seat that keeps the heat down. We rarely use the back seats and when we do the kids know not to complain. ;)
I usually have back seats down but getting them up is at most about 60 seconds.
If you need slow and steady speed I would put it in manual mode.
I installed two 4" bilge fans under the seat to try and direct the air down and back. It definitely helped!

I did use the manual mode quite a bit but when you're doing something like spraying and need to keep a constant 3-4 mph it was difficult to accomplish.

It was a nice machine, just didn't suit my needs as well as the Mule does.

1636649303000.png

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #64  
I have a Bobcat diesel that I got a great deal on- it is no speed demon ( tops out at 25mph iirc). My property is quite hilly. I’ve never really noted a significant drop in speed when climbing any of my ‘roads’ in high when not carrying a sizable load in the bed.

I use mine for work on the property not for ‘fun’- (that’s what the quads are for) so the speed I can travel is not critical-realistically I wouldn’t ( and very often don’t) travel at anywhere near top speed of the Bobcat on any of my roads/trails.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #65  
Do some research. Battery powered golf cart batteries last about 6 years and are not cheap to replace. I do not know what UTV's are using for batteries.

We looked at an electric golf cart before buying the Mule and a decent one was $5k with no warranty. The Mule was $8.2k with a three year warranty.
My Hisun is 5 years old and will likely need new batteries sometime in the future if I plan on maintaining the supposed 45 mile range, which I never come close to using. I seldom drive more than 10 miles in a day, and I think the batteries may last quite a while. I did price new batteries. They come in all sorts of different types and prices with varying attributes, none of which are really that important to me. The unit has the capability to utilize every different type of battery. The dealer recommends replacing them with standard lead acid batteries, the least expensive option, which would cost around $1,000. If you consider overall cost, new vehicle plus battery replacement 6 or whatever many years down the road, it still quite favorably compares to a gas rig of relatively similar capability. But without the upkeep. Hisun has a 2 year warrantee, but not much to go wrong on an electric rig.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #66  
I have a Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT that I'm very pleased with on my hilly 300 acres in W. Tennessee. It'll hold 6 adults - it's intimate but can be done. The back seat folds up to increase the bed size and the bed dumps easily. I think it's one of if not the quietest machine in this class. We can have conversations while driving more easily than on my friends' Polaris and Can Am machines. It has more speed than I need - rated into the 40's but I've never needed to move that fast in it. I had the Dealer add a hard top, windshield, and winch to mine. Some models come with them but mine didn't.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #67  
I lucked out and bought the type of UTV that I really needed. I had a Kubota RTV900 and it was the perfect work machine for me. I used it hauling chainsaws, firewood, dirt, etc and the hydraulic dump bed never had a problem lifting what ever I put in it. I would help the neighbor move full hay wagons around with ease. It did slow heavy work perfectly and with power steering, it was effortlessly.

Everyone's needs are different so the real task for the OP is to understand his real needs will be. Will he need good suspension, speed, carry capacity, whatever.....buy the right one for your needs.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #68  
I have a Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT that I'm very pleased with on my hilly 300 acres in W. Tennessee. It'll hold 6 adults - it's intimate but can be done. The back seat folds up to increase the bed size and the bed dumps easily. I think it's one of if not the quietest machine in this class. We can have conversations while driving more easily than on my friends' Polaris and Can Am machines. It has more speed than I need - rated into the 40's but I've never needed to move that fast in it. I had the Dealer add a hard top, windshield, and winch to mine. Some models come with them but mine didn't.
That was my big complaint with the full cab Can Am and Polaris 1000's.....I thought my RTV-X1100C was loud in the cab....until I rode one of those. Between the heat and the noise I don't wanna sit in one of those all day.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #69  
I have a 40 acre hobby farm, bushlot, that I maintain with a 2008 Kubota Bx2660 tractor and a 2016 Kubota RTV x1100c ... I smile when some snicker about the slow speed of the Kubota RTV models, but quite frankly I never get it up to 25 mph on my property and I doubt I could if I owned any side by side or truck. But boy do I like having a hydraulic dump bed that holds three tractor buckets, of gravel or soil (or hay up to the roof) ....or hydrostatic trannie that slows me with out needing brakes used. Or a winter warm cab or summer AC cool cab. .....so look at your needs carefully, how many times will you hsve 4 people to decide seating, ( my grand kids sit in the box many times and have a riot) Decide whether you will need a heavy capable lift box , and yes will you ever need to go over 25 mph on your property. How.much parking room or trail width do you need. A Kubota only needs 60 in wide trails. Eg ....A pickup will need much more . Do you want gas engine or a economical sipping tough diesel 3 cyl. ....Many things to prioritize....good luck

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #70  
When faced with similar back in 1997 I picked up Suzuki Samurai with 5spd for the grand sum $1025

24 years later I can say I would do again in heartbeat...

It was cheap because of a loud transmission which turned out to be a bad bearing... the kit was $80 plus while in replaced the clutch disk...
I know several people that did the same thing.