Farmall Cub-Still a Good Small Farm Tractor?

/ Farmall Cub-Still a Good Small Farm Tractor? #51  
The Cub is a tough durable machine. It’s perfect if you have a lot of time to work with it, and don’t have any other hobbies, obligations, or passions. If not, get a modern tractor that is more powerful, with available sources of good attachments, as well as service and repair parts.
It’s your choice.
My problem with running a Cub was that I always had to tinker for 20 minutes before I could do anything with it. I still miss it, though. IH small tractors were a part of my heritage.

/ Farmall Cub-Still a Good Small Farm Tractor?
My problem with running a Cub was that I always had to tinker for 20 minutes before I could do anything with it. I still miss it, though. IH small tractors were a part of my heritage.
My old Farmalls usually run fine, sometimes they don’t, but I’m retired and I keep them in top shape. It is definitely frustrating to have to mess with something every time you need it or want it. I agree with you 100%. Old tractors are, well, old. 👍

/ Farmall Cub-Still a Good Small Farm Tractor? #53  
I was made in 1952. I take more than 20 minutes of tinkering every time I need doing something.

Last edited:
   / Farmall Cub-Still a Good Small Farm Tractor? #54  
Guests look at my early-80's Yanmars (sig photo below) and note they both show neglect by prior owners.

My reply?

Yeah I was better looking 40 years ago too!

/ Farmall Cub-Still a Good Small Farm Tractor? #55  
Every year the cub is dusted off for Christmas duty at the farm...

Amazing how it can hibernate in the barn for 11 months, add some fresh gas and a few pulls of the crank and it springs to life...

It's the show piece of the Christmas Season and very photogenic.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_175158560.jpg
    IMG_20211121_175158560.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20211121_174350621.jpg
    IMG_20211121_174350621.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 129