Favorite diesel can?

/ Favorite diesel can? #61  
I like the just rite, 5 gallon

/ Favorite diesel can? #62  
The Nato Jerry cans using flexible spouts are easy to use and do not leak.

IMG_1983.JPG

/ Favorite diesel can? #63  
If you are going anything bigger than 5 gallon cans, keep in mind the larger the can/tank, the logistics of moving it be come more complex..... IF really large you may have to consider truck mounted tank or onsite delivery....Personally my SCUT only holds about 7 gallons and I never let it get below half a tank so one 5 gallon can is enough, but have considered a second..... Also consider where you fuel filler is, mine is at same level as seat and I can rest can on fender as it fills tank.... Keep in mind #2 diesel weighs about 7.25 pounds to the gallon....

And yes I use one of the hated jugs because can rests on fender and spout drops into filler neck....

View attachment 794708
I am quite happy with the No-spill cans. Don't find them to be difficult to use and convenient to lift up to fill my JD 4300 and the two JD 455 diesels.
For the gas supply, have a red no-spill can and for my chainsaws, have a gallon no-spill can. Nothing for me not to like.

/ Favorite diesel can? #64  
I bought 4 of the Scepters the OP linked to last year (2- two packs on sale) and have had 0 problems with them. Two for my diesel and 2 for my gas equipment. You can squeeze the nozzle handle back and forth to fill your tank but you would have a Popeye arm using it tho. It works great for the smaller pressure washer tanks.
The idea was that if I use up one can then the next time I go into town I can fill it up and still have fuel available. The another reason was I won't have fuel sitting for too long as I may only fuel up a few times one year but may use a couple hundred gals the next. And the last reason is it's small enough the wife can fill it and use the tractor to get it out of the truck and still move it around if she had to. I can get all 4 side by side in my truck. The hoses are fairly stiff but usable. It has two BRASS shut offs, one shuts the flow out of the tank and the other shuts the flow to the hose. I took the hose's off and just have them for a back up. I tried using the bucket for a gravity drain but that got to be a pain in the apple once the fuel got low in the tank. The pump I have does better anyway and at half the setup time.
Do to the design of the tank you can't get the last 1/4 gal of fuel out.

I did buy 2 ac/dc fuel pumps for them also. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DBZY966/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Me and battery's just don't get along and these can use AC or hook to you battery DC. They have a fairly long electrical cord and hose also. I just lay the tank on its back and put the pump in the inlet. The bottom of the pump is flared so the pump did work on a couple of my 5 gal tanks and didn't fit a couple of others.

The pump can pump gas AND diesel and the hose does drain back really good but I didn't want to contaminate the little pressure washer tanks, etc., with diesel just in case. I've had them about a year now and probably put about 150 or so gal's through either pump.

/ Favorite diesel can? #65  
I strapped 2 30gal fuel caddy units to a pallet and fork it on and off the truck to fill them, one for gas & one for diesel. Just a temporary setup until I can get a heavier duty base and make some brackets to bolt them down, also want to add a filter to the diesel pump.

Want to say they were about $250 ea on Amazon; Not the cheapest option, but they've been working well and are more convenient than filling a bunch of smaller cans. The only issue I foresee in the near future are the cheap hand pumps & wood pump handles, but can upgrade when they give up the ghost.

View attachment 798070

View attachment 798068
I've got one of those, but it splashed diesel out through that vented fuel gauge so bad that I removed the vented gauge and plumbed it with a cap. No fuel splashing out now. I just wheel the full tank out of my truck and into the front end bucket on my tractor and into my barn.

/ Favorite diesel can? #66  
I've got one of those, but it splashed diesel out through that vented fuel gauge so bad that I removed the vented gauge and plumbed it with a cap. No fuel splashing out now. I just wheel the full tank out of my truck and into the front end bucket on my tractor and into my barn.
Maybe a new design; I've had both full to the top multiple times and dry after the 30 min drive from town

ETA: I just looked at mine, there is a spring-type vent hole located on the filler cap, it appears the sight gauge is fully sealed ... maybe a design variation?

Last edited:
   / Favorite diesel can? #67  
If you are going anything bigger than 5 gallon cans, keep in mind the larger the can/tank, the logistics of moving it be come more complex..... IF really large you may have to consider truck mounted tank or onsite delivery....Personally my SCUT only holds about 7 gallons and I never let it get below half a tank so one 5 gallon can is enough, but have considered a second..... Also consider where you fuel filler is, mine is at same level as seat and I can rest can on fender as it fills tank.... Keep in mind #2 diesel weighs about 7.25 pounds to the gallon....

And yes I use one of the hated jugs because can rests on fender and spout drops into filler neck....

View attachment 794708
Pick up an EZ POUR spout for your cans. They make it alot easier all around. I have thru finding along the road about 10-12 of these for my non ethanol for our boat,tractors and truck.

/ Favorite diesel can? #68  

View attachment 794708
Try an EZ POUR spout. Might be a lot easier.

/ Favorite diesel can? #69  
5 gallons lasts about 4 hours. So I just use a simple Tractor Supply plastic diesel can. Ground level fueling makes the option much less crucial

/ Favorite diesel can? #70  
I recently purchased one of these SureCans, and after a few uses, I kind of like it. It is definitely better than my old cans and appears better than some of the other makes/models available that some have shown. I need to make a 'platform' for it to sit on, to keep the fuel can a bit higher than the fill opening and on a better angle for draining, but other than that, it works well. I was sort of concerned about if the pour spout/pipe ever broke, but found that the OEM sells replacement spouts (two models available - nut or clip) for the can for $10. It might be a bit pricey, but with the way it sets up and works, the few times that I have used it, I have not spilled any fuel or had any overflow issues. I can view the fill and shut off and avoid those issues.