FE35 Goldbelly Petrol

/ FE35 Goldbelly Petrol #1  

nambuat

Tractor
Ferguson FE35 Goldbelly
My FE35 has gone on strike after I changed the original ignition switch to a universal ignition switch. Main reason I did this was because I didn't have a key for the original switch and had to use a screwdriver to start her. When I turn the key now she fires but won't run. Any help please?

/ FE35 Goldbelly Petrol #2  
My FE35 has gone on strike after I changed the original ignition switch to a universal ignition switch. Main reason I did this was because I didn't have a key for the original switch and had to use a screwdriver to start her. When I turn the key now she fires but won't run. Any help please?
When you twist the switch is there a spring loaded part of the switch that goes to the start circuit and when you release it, goes to the run position? If so, you need to connect the ignition system to the run position as well as the start position.

/ FE35 Goldbelly Petrol
When you twist the switch is there a spring loaded part of the switch that goes to the start circuit and when you release it, goes to the run position? If so, you need to connect the ignition system to the run position as well as the start position.
Great! Thanks...I'll have a gander at it tomorrow