Snow FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
Is there a non metal attachment that I can mount to my FEL for snow removal. I don’t get that much snow, so I can’t justify a snow blower. I don’t want to mark up my concrete slab and asphalt driveway with the metal bucket blade. It would mount to my MT125 FEL.

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #2  
Is there a non metal attachment that I can mount to my FEL for snow removal. I don’t get that much snow, so I can’t justify a snow blower. I don’t want to mark up my concrete slab and asphalt driveway with the metal bucket blade. It would mount to my MT125 FEL.
If you want to use your bucket w/o scratching up your blacktop:

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #3  
X2 on the Ratchet Rake snow edge. Easy on and off, great for light use.

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #4  
The ease of installation makes the Ratchet Rake Snow Edge look attractive. The synthetic blade (composition not specified) is rated to last 32 hours with a replacement cost of $85 to $110. I do not know how much snow removal you may do; you would have to decide if the expense were worth it.

On almost any implement with a bolt-on edge, one could remove the original steel edge and replace it with a less aggressive material. The less aggressive material might wear faster than steel. UltraHighMolecularWeight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is said to be more abrasion resistant than steel. If you are handy, a 1/2" x 6" strip of UHMWPE is around $12 per foot; you might be able to re-use the original mounting bolts, and new plow bolts are not terribly expensive.

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #5  
As far as cost effective, the snow edge is hard to beat. I think I paid like $300 for it, somewhere around there. As for wear, well I got a fairly large driveway to clear...I used it for 2 seasons and the wear edge is still plenty thick on the snow edge.

So pricewise, I think it's a great option. But I'll also say that clearing snow with the bucket is kinda slow going. I got tired of it, so ended up welding my old craftsman gt snow plow onto a ssqi plate, and now use that instead. I got a UHMW strip mounted on it to protect my blacktop.

If I was just now approaching this need from scratch, I'd probably just drop some cash on a snow pusher. When this plow gives out, that's probably what I'm going to do anyways.

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #6  
If you have a grader blade, just split a piece of 1" pvc and slide it over the blade to keep it from messing up your drive way. Put a couple ratchet straps around it to hold it in, and go on! May have to replace the ratchet straps periodically, but that's cheap.

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #7  
Can you get a 2" receiver on your loader? A Snowsport plow uses a 1" thick rubber wear strip and is a floating plow so you don't have to float the loader. I have used mine on the RTV900, NH tractor, truck, and Toolcat. It will never mark the pavement.

squ 004_1.JPG
TC snowsport 1_1.JPG

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal
If you have a grader blade, just split a piece of 1" pvc and slide it over the blade to keep it from messing up your drive way. Put a couple ratchet straps around it to hold it in, and go on! May have to replace the ratchet straps periodically, but that's cheap.

Someone else told me to use a rear grader blade. I don’t have one, but I am looking to purchase one. Tractor supply has a 5 ft blade that could work, but they recommend the 4 ft one. I would rather use a 5 ft one. Any recommendations. It’s for my MT125

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #9  
If you google "dyi snow pusher", there's a lot of fun ideas. I really like the ones build from giant tractor tires.

Then you got this dude:

/ FEL Blade Attachment for Snow Removal #10  
Someone else told me to use a rear grader blade. I don’t have one, but I am looking to purchase one. Tractor supply has a 5 ft blade that could work, but they recommend the 4 ft one. I would rather use a 5 ft one. Any recommendations. It’s for my MT125
Get the 5' one. Your 125 won't have a problem using it. When angled, a 5' blade will just barely stick past your tires.