Snow FEL ops against 2009 snow

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
Left the blade in the shed. The FEL did the job.

Attachments

• DSC_5751a.jpg
    DSC_5751a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,035
   / FEL ops against 2009 snow #2  
I have a kubota b2630. I have used my loader to plow snow for the last two years. The tractor is unstoppable. Absolutely amazing in the snow. Backhoe or weight box on the back, my tires are not loaded (R4's), and no chains. I have pushed through chest deep snow without even thinking twice. I've got it piled up 7 feet tall and able to keep pushing the piles back by first moving the top half of the pile, then another swipe for the rest. Can't do that with a plow! A snowblower certainly has it's place, but for my lot I'll save the money and buy a chipper!

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #3  
Left the blade in the shed. The FEL did the job.

Wow - I'm impressed. My lawn tractor w/ snowblower broke the day before we got a foot, so I ended up spending hours on my 750' gravel drive with my L4200 /w FEL, and couldn't do anything with it. I could drive back and forth and push the snow around, but couldn't get the snow *off* of the drive. I finally gave up and just smashed the snow flat. I'll melt in the spring, I guess. I got the little tractor and blow fixed, and I hope I'll never have to use my tractor for snow again - terrible tool for the job.

JayC

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #4  
I have a kubota b2630. I have used my loader to plow snow for the last two years. The tractor is unstoppable. Absolutely amazing in the snow. Backhoe or weight box on the back, my tires are not loaded (R4's), and no chains. I have pushed through chest deep snow without even thinking twice. I've got it piled up 7 feet tall and able to keep pushing the piles back by first moving the top half of the pile, then another swipe for the rest. Can't do that with a plow! A snowblower certainly has it's place, but for my lot I'll save the money and buy a chipper!

Can't do that with a plow!

Oh Yes You Can !!!
I have piled snow banks to a good 13' with my tractor mounted snowplow

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #5  
IMG00042-20091219-1003.jpg

M7040 in action this weekend

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #6  
Mark"
"I have piled snow banks to a good 13' with my tractor mounted snowplow"

Same here Mark..almost mid May before melted tho. :(

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #7  
Riptides.
Anything to enjoy the blue sky and nice ride..huh.;)

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #10  
M7040.
I take it you took a l o n g break.;)