Filter Costs

/ Filter Costs #1  

FredH

Platinum Member
Tractor
N.H. TC-30
Oil Filter for ISX 15 and oil and fuel filter for Tripac Apu on Semi ,

At Napa , their Napa Gold ( Wix ) was $66 just for the Cummins oil filter :shocked:

At Amazon , Same Wix filter $44.24 , ( that is with Prime thus Free Shipping in 2 days )

Then We jump over to the filters on the APU .

Total Cost at Napa for 3 filters ( Air , Fuel , Oil ) was $62 while at Amazon same filters came to Right at $44 .

Now I like to by local but even the local Frieghtliner Dealer was at +$50 for a similar filter for the ISX . Oh and I would have to drive 22 miles roundtrip to get the Napa filters , while with Prime , they will be here Tuesday , thus I will do My maintenence next weekend , ( planning ahead :thumbsup: ) .

It is Hard to be loyal to local Business when You get raked over the coals to that extreme . A little markup to cover costs , etc... ,
I am o.k. with but 33% on 1 filter , BAH , Not with My money .

Fred H.

/ Filter Costs #2  
Up here in the valley Wilsons owns most of the NAPA stores now and all their prices are up at the top. They got upset when Oreilleys came to down and even with the high Oreilly prices they are cheaper then NAPA. Use Autozone for a lot of car parts BiMART for oil, and filters. The cheapest filters for the Kubotas is actually the Kubota dealer, they can sometimes beat the Ebay prices.

David

Home is Sweet Home OR

/ Filter Costs #3  
I have been fond of Donaldson filters for quite a long time. The standard Donaldson P559000 ISX oil filter at Ryder Fleet Products goes for about $27.32 each. The premium Donaldson DBL7900 for the ISX is going for $38.73. Not sure about the Tripac filters.

/ Filter Costs #4  
A couple of local NAPA stores run a sale a couple times a year on all GOLD air, fuel and oil filters. I stock up as prices are around 50% off.

/ Filter Costs #5  
I've pretty much switched to Amazon for all my filters, but I also check Ebay because every now and then you can find them even cheaper there. Just be sure to factor in the price of shipping when comparing.

/ Filter Costs #6  
Here's the kubota SVL fuel filter. The kubota filter is $50. The Napa gold was $12. IMG_9457.JPG Here's the filter that came off of it. It left the dealers lot with that filter on it when it was new. IMG_9450.JPG

/ Filter Costs #7  
Oil Filter for ISX 15 and oil and fuel filter for Tripac Apu on Semi ,

At Napa , their Napa Gold ( Wix ) was $66 just for the Cummins oil filter :shocked:

At Amazon , Same Wix filter $44.24 , ( that is with Prime thus Free Shipping in 2 days )

Then We jump over to the filters on the APU .

Total Cost at Napa for 3 filters ( Air , Fuel , Oil ) was $62 while at Amazon same filters came to Right at $44 .

Now I like to by local but even the local Frieghtliner Dealer was at +$50 for a similar filter for the ISX . Oh and I would have to drive 22 miles roundtrip to get the Napa filters , while with Prime , they will be here Tuesday , thus I will do My maintenence next weekend , ( planning ahead :thumbsup: ) .

It is Hard to be loyal to local Business when You get raked over the coals to that extreme . A little markup to cover costs , etc... ,
I am o.k. with but 33% on 1 filter , BAH , Not with My money .

Fred H.

I was reading on an AG forum about Napa stores having spring filter sales? Not sureif this was a regional thing or nation wide.

/ Filter Costs #8  
I was reading on an AG forum about Napa stores having spring filter sales? Not sure if this was a regional thing or nation wide.
Here in ne PA they do. And like HHR, That's when I stock up on them for my tractors and other vehicles. ;)

/ Filter Costs #9  
Well I forgot to buy my oil filter on line when I bought the other filters. It would have been $18 , but since I had to go to the only store with one in stock, I got to pay extra for the time it spent on the shelf. $35 in stock at O'Reily. Napa, ABC and Autozone all had to order it.

Edit,

The filter is a WIX 51970 oil filter for my Case bulldozer

I checked Amazon and the filter is $21.73 there with free shipping.

Ebay has it for $14.99 with free shipping

Fleetfilter.com is $16.95

As you can tell, prices for filters are all over the place.

Last edited:
   / Filter Costs #10  
Internet is killing brick and mortar business. No way to pay the overhead on a store with limited customers and compete with a store with a whole nation of customers. There may come a day when every break down will result in at least 2 days of downtime while we wait on parts.